“Delicious!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Union, New Hampshire
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch at The Friendly Toast on Tuesday, May 27. It wasn't too busy, we were seated right away. Our waitress was very nice, brought our drinks right away while we looked at the menu. The menu is great, lots of options for my daughter, a vegetarian. She ordered one pumpkin pancake, which was huge and very good, a side of sweet potato fries, cooked perfectly, and a chocolate shake that she raved about. I had a turkey club sandwich with onion rings, very generous serving! Huge sandwich!
The serving sizes make the prices more understandable.
Overall the place was clean, even the restroom. Conveniently located in downtown Portsmouth. The hostess and waitress were friendly and attentive. We would recommend this place and hope to return.

Visited May 2014

seacoast
“you have to have courage”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

As my title said: you have to have courage to eat here. I know it's a popular spot, but I won't eat here again. Unclean restaurant, bitter coffee, slow service, expensive food, no parking. Mmmm,

Boston, Massachusetts
“So good!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Busy but excellent breakfast. Their homemade bread, especially the cheese cayenne, is outstanding!

There's always a line, but it moves very quickly. The help seems to have knack to feed hordes of hungry people quickly without trying to rush you.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful servers and poor food.”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The name and decor are very cute and attractive and that alone makes you want to eat there. But the experience is very different. Absolutely dreadful servers, and very poor food. The fact that the portions are large only makes it even more unappetizing. The place is perennially understaffed and teh servers really do not seem to care at all. They wear a standard fake plastic smile, but you can tell they simply are not interested in anything but their tip. I have given it three chances now and each time it has been the same. Appalling. I would highly recommend giving the Friendly Toast (what a misnomer!) a miss.

6 Thank Gaius B
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Are you sure the American Pickers haven't eaten here?”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

You walk through the door to a place that the American Pickers would love. Walls are covered with pickers delights. As for the food .... well now .... it gets even better. Had the Skarmageddon omelette with sausage, bacon, ham, pecans (& I usually don't like pecans), jalapeno jack & maple sour cream and found it extraordinarily exceptional with it's depth of taste. My friend (we are both retired & do a different restaurant for breakfast weekly) had the biscuits & gravy, a favorite anywhere of his, and absorbed every bit of that plate, exclaiming "this is a good as it gets". Oh and did I mention the wheat toast is almost a meal in itself.
This place is on our agenda for multiple breakfasts now.