“Delicious breakfast in a unique atmosphere”
Review of The Friendly Toast

The Friendly Toast
Ranked #8 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We went yesterday for breakfast and it exceeded our expectations. My breakfast sandwich and home fries were freshly made, hot, and super delicious. The homemade home fries weren't greasy and had a little spice to them which made them probably the best I've ever had. We tried going back this morning but had a time limit and there was going to be a wait. Highly recommended for a good breakfast!

There are newer reviews for The Friendly Toast

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Delicious! Probably the home fries are a little more spicy than I like but still very good. Steak sandwich is so good it isn't the first time I ordered it!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Friendly Toast is busy and the food is why! The homemade slabs of toast are fantastic-we had cinnamon raisin. The eggs and bacon delicious, and the hash browns some of the finest I have ever had. The portions are huge. They also have gluten free pancakes! And the staff efficient and friendly. The decor is out of the 40's,50's and 60's and is just plain fun. From the bowling alley bench and chairs that happen to be our table to the old pictures and photographs of ads and memorabilia hanging from the walls. We are definitely going to be going back!

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Decor cool. Kids French toast burnt on outside, soggy inside. Nothing special about pancakes or French toast.
Sorry, Would not go again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

On our visit we queued in the rain while they polished the floor inside and they bothered to let everyone in about 15 minutes after the time the sign said they would be open again. If I had known the experience I was about to be let in for I wouldn't have bothered.
First off our partyI was told "seat yourself" by an unsmiling waitress who like every me,bet of staff seems to be covered in tattoos.
When ordering I was made to feel foolish by a similarly unfriendly waitress who said she didn't understand what I had ordered. Our food took an age to arrive with other diners who came in after us eating and even finishing before our breakfasts arrived. My food was distinctly bog-standard fare and our pancakes were heavy and close to burnt.
I won't be going here again and would not recommend it to anyone.