“Nice decor, but the food smell is too much”
Review of The Friendly Toast

The Friendly Toast
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We have tried to get a table twice on Sunday, the wait usually 20 min for table of 2. But this is not the wait that scared us away it is the cooking food smell. It is ok when it is only 5 tables but when it is packed it is so much cooking going on at their open kitchen, that when you leave the place you "smell". We have tried burgers and these were average, but their quesadillas with sweet potato fries are excellent. I can go back for late lunch, however even there were only five tables, we still left smelly. I could not go to the shops since I smelled like fried food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed! Our waitor was extremely accommodating even though I asked a million questions and I'm very selective. He was extraordinarily helpful and patient. I didn't expect the food to be as scrumptious as it was to be honest. I was very satsfied overall!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very eclectic atmosphere - a must-see for visitors. If you are looking for a place to go for Sunday brunch, this is the place.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

An early departure from our B&B sent us looking for breakfast downtown and what a delight we found! A main Street storefront has been transformed with a staggering collection of 50s kitsch! Elvis may have left the building, but you feel he is right around the corner. Place is open all night on weekends. lots of families who seemed to be "regulars." Wonderful fresh fruit cup with real hand cut pieces. egg dishes were great. Could have gone back for lunch.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service is very friendly, if a bit on the outre side in terms of appearance. Food good, a good place for kids.