“Best Breakfast I've Ever Had”
Review of Golden Egg

Golden Egg
Ranked #28 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Golden Egg has been serving fresh, homemade breakfast and lunch since 1983! Everything is homemade. Our menu includes eggs, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs benedict (many different varieties), muffins, fruit, homemade granola, etc. We have specials that change based on available ingredients. The result is the freshest breakfast with outstanding variety for a great dining experience.
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Best Breakfast I've Ever Had”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great food!!!!!!!!! I cannot say enough about how amazing the food is here! I feel bad that the bridge is out so it is a little hard to navigate now but the food is so amazing I wish I lived closer so I could make it a regular weekly visit! But ifyou are deciding where to go for breakfast, there is no question, The Golden Egg is the BEST!

• Visited April 2014

Wilmot, New Hampshire, United States
“So delicious, generous portions”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at the Wentworth Hotel and Spa, which is just down the road from the Golden Egg. Our breakfasts were delicious, the service was prompt and friendly and I would highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
Weston, Massachusetts
“Looks like local hideout for breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is obviously the place where locals go to catch breakfast and lunch. I went there for lunch with my friend, but if I were to eat breakfast at a good and reasonably priced place, this would be it. You can tell this is a long history family place. For lunch I had the Reuben which was OK. It came with potato chips. To be honest, I prefer a small salad choice over chips these days. I asked if they had a milk shake, they did not. I also asked if they made vanilla egg creams, but this not being a NY deli, I was not surprised that they had no clue. My friend had the salad with tuna fish that was good. The service is fast and friendly. Fun hidden location just by the closed bridge.

• Visited March 2014
New Castle, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All day breakfast”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Everything is good at the Golden Egg. Wonderful omelettes, home cooked pastry, pies, oatmeal. The Service is great. A fun place to go.

Visited March 2014
Needham, Massachusetts
“we love this place!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

the food is great- the service is warm and friendly the variety of food is tremendous and the location to Wentworth is convenient

Visited December 2013