“good burger, pub fare”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very friendly wait staff, as if they are happy to see you. Decent draught beer selection. The burger was really good. I would recommend The Rusty Hammer for anyone looking for pub fare, a relaxed atmosphere and friendly service - plus reasonable prices.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was given a REASON why my food was COLD!!! The cheese on my burger had been melted at one point in time, server couldn't have cared less, chicken is frozen breast that you can buy at Hannaford in the freezer isle, and I had to ask the server to check on our food after an hour….food appeared 3 mins later COLD! I am still trying a new place every saturday in Portsmouth but I will not be returning to the Rusty Hammer

1  Thank Killian K
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went on the recommendation from a friend that this place had good burgers and was not dissappointed. I am usually hesitant in ordering burgers which are well done because they are usually dry however it was not and was a well seasoned hamburger. , The onion toppings were well sauteed and the mayo which had a bit of spice was quite tasty. This place will NOT break the bank and it is filling. They also offer half price apps, Mon-Thurs 4-6 & in late eve. I would def. go back. I believe the waitress said they get their meat from Carls and have been getting it from there for years. It's good to know that even the wait staff knows something about the food.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We dropped into the rusty hammer for a couple of beers. Never thought we'd make a new friend. Kelly made us feel as if we were 1 of the regulars and told us about lots of great spots in the area. We went back for lunch the next day. It was great. Thanks Kelly

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ordered my hamburger club "medium" and when it was served it was cooked a perfect medium. It looked like it could have been a prop for a print ad. When I bit in it was the perfect balance of meat, veggies, cheese and mayo. Outstanding! I will be back!!