“Our Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant”

Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 210 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We have lived here in Portsmouth for eleven years and this is our favorite restaurant- the one we take out-of-town guests to. The upstairs dining room is divine in the evening when you can see the skyline of the city, and the more intimate downstairs dining room is cozy during the week. We have celebrated birthdays, new jobs, and many other events here and have never been disappointed. When my husband wanted to know how to fix the special potato dish, Stephan invited him into the kitchen one afternoon and showed him how. I had to buy my husband a mandolin as a Christmas present so he could make Stephan's recipe! The food is always excellent- we recommend Cafe Mirabelle without reservation!

2  Thank Longdreamfarm

Reviewed May 2, 2010

Cafe Mirabelle is a surprisingly nice restaurant in a house just outside of the downtown area. You can walk there easily. Food and service are excellent and when you bring people here, they'll be impressed by the discovery that you made.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My fiancee and I came here the night before Valentine's Day (we made a reservation several days in advance). We had no wait, and the food came in a decent amount of time.

The food was delicious - the butternut squash side was to die for! My one complaint about the food was that the vegetables inside my crepe were cut in very large pieces (more than one bite each), so I had to cut them before eating, which quickly destroyed my crepe. The restaurant is tiny, but feels intimate, not cramped.

The decor was slightly cheesy - I liked the tree branches across the ceiling beams, but the Christmas lights were slightly tacky. Also, they had at least 6 Eiffel tower sketches, paintings, models, etc. As my fiancee put it, it screams "Hey, we're a French restaurant!!!" in a not-very-subtle way.

It doesn't feel like a jeans and t-shirt type of spot, but it's also not overly dressy. Most of the patrons were wearing business casual attire.

I thought I was completely stuffed and turned down desert, but after one taste I almost ate the entire apple custard on my fiancee's plate!

Reviewed January 23, 2010

Have not visited in years but will now go back. The Chicken and Beef were seasoned perfect and outstanding. The vegtable dish and specialty potato where also out of the world. Great service, quite and warm atmosphere. Skip Jumping Jays etc and try this great night out.
Check for coupon at web site.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Cafe Mirabelle was one of the first restaurants we ate at when we were looking for a home near the New Hampshire seacoast in 1997. We had a fantastic meal then, and a great introduction to Portsmouth with it. We've been back on several occasions, the most recent of which was last week. On every visit, the service has been quick, friendly and unintrusive. Stephan has a great touch in the kitchen, and the food never disappoints. He always uses fresh ingredients, and cooks with a fantastic French flair. Whenever we want to impress visitors to Portsmouth, Cafe Mirabelle is at the top of our list of restaurants to take them to.