“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We've only been here once (so far), but I'm glad we found it. They have great food (french cuisine)and beautiful decor.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 5, 2018 via mobile

As referenced above, I have been to this restaurant, and it predecessor, the Cafe Mirabelle, More times than I can reliably recount. I too, have been to; no actually lived in Europe, for 8 years and as a result prize French food above all others. Chef Stephan's food preparations can hold their own with any I have eaten in in France, but without some of the pretension sometimes encountered there. (Hard to be humble when the world acknowledges the cuisine to be great! Lol) At any rate, my latest visit was like all the rest.......in a word....magnificent !!! Keep up the great work and we will be back very soon. The small, but capable staff is worth their weight in gold! As an aside, when I read comments like the one from the California revue, one wonders what restaurant they visited and if possibly the problem lies with the customer and not the proprietor.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2018

Our dinner here was top notch. Attentive service, delicious food, nice wine selection. All in a cozy, warm, romantic room with French decor. Quick walk from the parking garage in Portsmouth and nearby hotels. Highly recommend !

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Went here with my wife for a nice dinner. Very disappointed with the wine list even though the owner tried to rationalize the listing. They call this a wine bar but very cheap wines which are marked up above their value. Food was OK but nothing special. Salmon dish was very bland and unappetizing. My wife had the chicken which was dry and not very favorable. Service was so so. Would not go back or recommend to anyone looking for a nice restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
4  Thank Ron38350
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

This was our first time here and I have to say what a wonderful place. The service and food were just great. Some very interesting menu items. I had the turkey cordon Blu it was absolutely amazing. Will be a regular stop in portsmouth

Date of visit: September 2018