“Off the beaten path”

Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Cafe Mirabelle is a surprisingly nice restaurant in a house just outside of the downtown area. You can walk there easily. Food and service are excellent and when you bring people here, they'll be impressed by the discovery that you made.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My fiancee and I came here the night before Valentine's Day (we made a reservation several days in advance). We had no wait, and the food came in a decent amount of time.

The food was delicious - the butternut squash side was to die for! My one complaint about the food was that the vegetables inside my crepe were cut in very large pieces (more than one bite each), so I had to cut them before eating, which quickly destroyed my crepe. The restaurant is tiny, but feels intimate, not cramped.

The decor was slightly cheesy - I liked the tree branches across the ceiling beams, but the Christmas lights were slightly tacky. Also, they had at least 6 Eiffel tower sketches, paintings, models, etc. As my fiancee put it, it screams "Hey, we're a French restaurant!!!" in a not-very-subtle way.

It doesn't feel like a jeans and t-shirt type of spot, but it's also not overly dressy. Most of the patrons were wearing business casual attire.

I thought I was completely stuffed and turned down desert, but after one taste I almost ate the entire apple custard on my fiancee's plate!

Reviewed January 23, 2010

Have not visited in years but will now go back. The Chicken and Beef were seasoned perfect and outstanding. The vegtable dish and specialty potato where also out of the world. Great service, quite and warm atmosphere. Skip Jumping Jays etc and try this great night out.
Check for coupon at web site.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Cafe Mirabelle was one of the first restaurants we ate at when we were looking for a home near the New Hampshire seacoast in 1997. We had a fantastic meal then, and a great introduction to Portsmouth with it. We've been back on several occasions, the most recent of which was last week. On every visit, the service has been quick, friendly and unintrusive. Stephan has a great touch in the kitchen, and the food never disappoints. He always uses fresh ingredients, and cooks with a fantastic French flair. Whenever we want to impress visitors to Portsmouth, Cafe Mirabelle is at the top of our list of restaurants to take them to.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

We've eaten at Mirabelle twice -- with a five year separation between. We had a terrible meal the first time but decided to give it a second chance recently. The food all appears to have been prepared the day before. My crepes were like rubber and cold. The "tenderloin" of pork was no tender loin, but a tough old sow that was tasteless. We lived in France and we love good french cooking. My wife studied with Madeleine Kamman. There are some truly fine french restaurants in Boston including Petit Bistro Robert in Kenmore Square. Mirabelle, on the other hand, is not fit to eat in.

2  Thank whsouthworth