“Nice addition to Portsmouth”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We came with a group and had a very nice lunch. The atmosphere is nice and I like the way it was decorated. We had appetizers and meals. Everyone in our party of 8 enjoyed their meals and apps. The beer selection is fantastic and the service was very good. The bathroom was spotless and to me that means a lot. We will. Be back!

1  Thank JillA
There are newer reviews for British Beer Company

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Everything was great, but the beer was superb! I wish we could have stayed longer. Food was a bit on the heavy side, but it was "pub food", so that is what you'd expect. Delicious, though.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've been to BBC four times. Each time the food has been outstanding. The service is always good, and twice it's been outstanding. (Ask for Todd as your waitron) The portions are big, sometimes huge. Prices are moderate. The variety of food is outstanding. Sometimes I like vegan, and it's just so hard to find something besides hummus and pita. Previously I have enjoyed the Thai lettuce wraps, and today I saw the stuffed lettuce leaves, which I will try next time. Today I tried the chili (delicious) with nachos, sour cream, salsa and guac. The chili was fab, the salsa tasted fresh, and the guac was as good as it gets. The ONLY reason this restaurant gets four points instead of five was that my husband said his Reuben tasted "average." I hope to change his mind the next time we visit so I can add the fifth point. Definitely on my list of favorite area restaurants.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 2 times and both times we enjoyed our meal especially the Baked Brie! we recommend this restaurant for any of those people out there who love CHEESE! and we loved the trophy lion with a Santa hat on! Loved the Pasty and the fresh pickles! If you are in Portsmouth check it out!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on a Sunday out with the Misses and was pleasantly surprised. Nice setting, excellent beer selection and solid if not a bit average pub fare. Good and fast service make this a good find in Portsmouth. Had the Apple Turkey sandwich and my wife had the corned beef Ruben and both were good but not overwhelming. Onion rings are good but thick cut and feel a bit frozen. Enjoyed the imported Unibrau Ephimere beer which was excellent Will stop by again!