“Must go everytime I am in Portsmouth!”
Review of Kilwins

Kilwins
Ranked #5 of 9 Dessert in Portsmouth
“Must go everytime I am in Portsmouth!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been many times and never disappointed! Since the first time, have gone back with friends and family so they all know how good it is. Homemade waffle cones are delicious and the ice cream has real stuff in it!

• Visited July 2014

Reading, Massachusetts
“THE BEST!!! All that needs to be said!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Kilwins is a special treat to go to. They have the BEST ice cream I have ever had. It is an hour ride to get there but I will be returning very soon. The owner is super friendly and has a passion for her business. I feel like I gain 5 pounds just walking in the door, you are surrounded by the most amazing chocolates, candies and other sweets. The salted caramel and the toasted coconut ice cream are to die for!!!! If you are anywhere near the area this place is a must visit. I may even call this place a GEM!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Glenn T
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Chocolate and ice cream to die for!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My first experience with Kilwins was in Annapolis. My daughter and I were craving a hot chocolate on a cool day and saw this enormous line at the Kilwins. We got in line. ;) While waiting in line, we were totally enticed by the delicious aroma of chocolate and after watching everyone in front of us get a nice cream, we changed our minds and chose ice cream. The salted caramel ice cream is to die for. So were the few chocolates that we just HAD to try. I was really excited to see that a Kilwins was in downtown Portsmouth. The owners and staff are incredibly friendly and responsive and, of course, the chocolates and salted caramel ice cream are incredible. The shop is fairly large, nice decor, and has some seating. I only wish they had the salted caramel in frozen yogurt as my lactose sensitive body does better with yogurt. However, this is so good, it's worth the indulgence ,

• Visited April 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Ice Cream Sundae ever- How'd they do that?”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you are craving the perfect ice cream sundae, this is the place. First, portion size can be overrated in my opinion. a huge dish of ice cream with a drizzle of watered down sauce does not make a great sundae. What made this sundae unique was the fact they somehow managed to mix the perfect combination of chocolate and thick tasty caramel sauce, the caramel is so fresh it hardens in the spots where it is intertwined with the ice cream. combine that with the most amazing salted caramel ice cream and their was a delicious balance of flavor in every spoonful. I don't know how they got the ice cream and sauces almost layered so you didn't have to do all the work to dig to the bottom each time for the chocolate or caramel flavor. This sundae was yummy. Sorry I didn't get to snap a picture before I finished every last spoonful. It truly looked so good when they handed it to me, I forgot to take a picture! Order the salted caramel with the turtle sundae. You wont be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Great Candy Shop and More!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stopped in while in Portsmouth, NH. My husband enjoyed the Apple Pie Ice Cream...the best he has ever had! We also bought a specialty candy apple and took it home. It was delicious! The staff is very friendly and the shop is extremely clean and inviting.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Kilwins? Share your experiences!