“Our Go-To Place in Portsmouth”

Poco's Bow Street Cantina
Ranked #77 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Poco's Bow Street Cantina offers a great atmosphere and menu for all occasions. Whether you are looking for lunch on the water, a romantic dinner, or a night out with friends, we are the perfect place. Dining and Porch Our beautiful dining room is the perfect place to enjoy a meal and look out at the Piscatuqua River whether inside or on the porch. With plenty of seating we can provide a quaint table for two or host your large party. The dining room is also available for private functions. Please call for more details. Non-Smoking. Cantina Poco's cantina has been a local hot spot for a long time. Locals and those visiting Portsmouth for the first time come to enjoy our romantic fireplace, enjoy the atmosphere, and grab a drink from our new extensive drink menu. Full menu available. Deck Our two large seasonal decks (one upstairs and one downstairs) are the perfect spot to relax, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy the views of a working waterfront.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Poco's is by far my choice place to eat out in Portsmouth for a casual meal. My husband and I go here nearly every time we are in town or passing through. I have an annual shopping trip with my girlfriend that is always revolved around eating at Poco's, we make it a two margarita lunch before hitting the stores! The veggie quesadilla is hard to beat with a mango chutney side. The guacamole is fresh and plentiful in serving size. For both lunch or evening the upstairs is relatively quiet, yet relaxed. The lower level can be a loud, fun place to be on a weekend with a few couches and comfortable seating around the bar. A parking garage nearby makes it easy for access when not spending any other time in town.

There are newer reviews for Poco's Bow Street Cantina

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great views of the water. Visited on a Saturday night and the place was EMPTY! We were with a very LARGE group of people but not all of us were allowed inside (even though the owner and bartender were the only people sitting at the bar as we arrived!). Overall, I feel there are better options in Portsmouth. Maybe we just caught them at a bad time, but they just seemed rude. Hopefully others have a better experience!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Pitchers of Sangria are discounted during football games. There is an outdoor bar during the summer on the water. The cantina is downstairs, a bit dim but drinks are good.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday...tacos were soggy and the service was very bad. I sat outside because it was unseasonably warm and the waitresses were slow and inattentive. It took forever to give us nachos which I find unacceptable. The location is the only thing they have going for them since it is in Tugboat Alley and it has a nice view of the river.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've seen Poco's for years and finally decided to try it after hearing such great reviews. We went on a Friday night and the restaurant was almost empty. We started with the avocado fries which were the best thing we ordered. They were fresh, crispy and hot. I ordered fajitas and was disappointed that they weren't served on a sizzling plate. They were only warm when they arrived. The onions & peppers were strong and not completely cooked through. Also, the entrees didn't come with anything. I would have expected a side of rice or veggies for a dish that cost $18. The service was very slow. They were sweeping, cleaning and chatting while we were finishing our dinner, since we were the only ones left on the main level of the restaurant at 8pm. I'm sad to say it, but I much prefer to go to On the Border - cheaper and better food!