“Just average”

Poco's Bow Street Cantina
Ranked #74 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Poco's Bow Street Cantina offers a great atmosphere and menu for all occasions. Whether you are looking for lunch on the water, a romantic dinner, or a night out with friends, we are the perfect place. Dining and Porch Our beautiful dining room is the perfect place to enjoy a meal and look out at the Piscatuqua River whether inside or on the porch. With plenty of seating we can provide a quaint table for two or host your large party. The dining room is also available for private functions. Please call for more details. Non-Smoking. Cantina Poco's cantina has been a local hot spot for a long time. Locals and those visiting Portsmouth for the first time come to enjoy our romantic fireplace, enjoy the atmosphere, and grab a drink from our new extensive drink menu. Full menu available. Deck Our two large seasonal decks (one upstairs and one downstairs) are the perfect spot to relax, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy the views of a working waterfront.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I always base Mexican restaurants on the freshness of their corn tortillas. I ordered chicken tacos and the corn tortillas cracked which usually mean they have been previously refrigerated or frozen. Drinks were very good as was the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Poco's is by far one of my favorite places to go grab a couple drinks with in Portsmouth, especially in the summer. Their deck is the best to enjoy one of their AMAZING margaritas (the sunburned is my personal favorite) and watch the gorgeous Portsmouth harbor. Drinks are the average price you would expect for margaritas and the service is good. Their food is typical Mexican food, their nachos are huge and delicious. I got their enchiladas once though and I was slightly disappointed because it was very dry and not as cheesy as I would have hoped. Other than that I love Poco's and it is my friends and I's go to place for summers in Portsmouth!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Love the margaritas since they seem to be hand mixed and not from a premixed formula but they are a bit pricey! Food is generous portions and good.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stopped in with friends for an early dinner. We were upstairs on a chilly evening with a great view of the river. The drinks and service were excellent but the food was just average. Overall, a good but not great dining choice

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stopped in Portsmouth for lunch on the way back from Freeport. We'd heard Poco's was good so decided to give it a try. The new patio with heaters was actually warmer than inside on this chilly day. The service was good. Sangria was delicious, but we were disappointed in the nachos - veggie supreme. Spinach just does not belong on nachos. The salsa was not very good and they only had one kind - nothing spicier. If I could have I would have given this place a 3 1/2, but based on our meal that day, had to give a 3 rather than 4. Sorry.