“Old ferry landing”

Ranked #28 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was very good. Sat outside on the covered dock. We're able to watch the boats in the harbor. Service was also good.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a local. We often eat in Portsmouth, but hadn't been here in a couple years. In order to give it a fair shake, we decided to try it again as it was a gorgeous day. It was a bit windy, but we chose the deck anyway. Yes, the tables are VERY close together, and it's not very clean, but you do look out on the harbor (if you face the right direction). My spouse had a cup (served in cup-size mug) of clam chowder which was "OK". I had a green side salad (some of the greens were actually brown); the cucumbers and carrots were dried out on top (as if they had sat, uncovered, in refrigerator on pre-made salad?). We also had a fried clam basket (I wanted clam strips, but they don't offer them) and haddock sandwich. The fried clams were bitter, and had the taste of the oil they were fried in, and the fries were skinny, ordinary frozen fries. Hubby said the haddock was OK. He had one draft beer. Our tab was $55 before gratuity. Yes, I know there are some locals who are very loyal to this place, but I find it hard to believe it's because of the food. I rated this on a cost per person base as $$, but I think $17.95 for a dozen (yes, I counted) average-sized fried clams (which were not flavorful) and some ordinary fries is too much. We will not go back as there are at least two other lunch restaurants in the same area with the same view and much better food for more reasonable prices (or at least the quality of the food warrants the prices). The quality of the food is just not representative of what is available in this area! If you want to sit outside, and feel you have to do it here, get a beer on the bar deck and enjoy it amongst the college students, other tourists, and a few of the locals who continue to keep this place in business.

1  Thank gr8passage
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a great spot to sit outside and enjoy a beautiful summer day, but you'll be sitting close to your neighbors and the food is pretty average. The atmosphere is a bit manic, but the views are beautiful.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Tucked away in the port section next to three colorful tugboats, this is an efficient, cozy fish food place that we really enjoyed. Good staff, great views, delicious seafood, quick service.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our waitress was super and most accommodating of our requests. Not recognizing the beers on draft she choose one that was perfect for my tastes. The food was hot but pretty plain. I had some haddock that was a bit overcooked not as fresh as I would have expected. My wife enjoyed her lobster roll.
A bit pricey for what we had

1  Thank Teach3258