“Good food, and quite abundant!”

Dinnerhorn Bratskellar
Ranked #45 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good food, and quite abundant!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I went there looking for a light dinner the night we arrived at Portsmouth, so we ordered two sandwiches. They were really big, and delicious, each one with a generous side of fries. Loved especially my sandwich, one the best grilled veggies sandwich ever.

Visited September 2012

Exeter, New Hampshire
“Bratskellar never disappoints !”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

There is really one thing to get at the Bratskellar : the pizza. Not that they don't offer other items, they do : salads, very good sandwiches, etc. Pizza is excellent AND is a great value, very
well priced for good quality food. There is a certain restaurant about 9 miles south of there
that also makes a good pizza BUT charges much more. Fun and lively bar , very friendly staff.
I'll be eating here for years to come !

• Visited September 2012
Connecticut
“Top 10 best dining experiences of my life”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

It's been a while since I posted a review on TA, but I had to make the time for this one... My wife and I had an absolutely amazing meal here. She had lobster and I had baked scallops (bread crumb topping). Not only were these out of this world, but we each got 2 different sides with our meals and all were absolutely delicious. Same for the deserts (Lava Cake was incredible) and specialty drinks (delicious and potent!). And the service was excellent--the first sign that this was going to be a great experience was the care with which the hostess treated us. After a 10-minuet wait, a small table opened up not far from the entrance. But after we'd been seated for a few minutes and were browsing the menu, she told us a bigger spot had opened up and she felt badly for us having to sit at a small table and moved us to the larger and quieter location.

• Visited September 2012
Newtown, PA
“Dinnerhorn has arrived...”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Tthe last time I had gone to the Dinnerhorn, on Route 1 bypass in Portsmouth was maybe 40 years ago. Then, it was mostly fast food seafood. So, I was a little leery when the gentleman at the Port Inn (where we stayed...close by...nice place!) recommended it. Was I ever happily surprised!
Full restaurant and bar now...good service - good food - good size portions, and reasonably priced. They were doing a booming takeout business the night we were there, but we got seated right away. Judging by the parking lot, I thought we'd never get in. Bottom line ....highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Don't Go With More Than 4 People!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Because we went with 5 people last night, we waited 28 minutes to be seated. The hostess who was scattered told us that "it would have been better if we only had 4 people",,,are you kidding me? We went with 3 other people who have been to the Dinnerhorn before but will never go back EVER. After talking to the hostess and sitting next to her for about 20 minutes waiting for a table, she looked over and asked us "have you been helped yet"? Who are these people who hostess? We asked if a table for 4 people could have have a chair put at the end to seat 5?....no we were told. When we were finally seated, where do you think they sat us...yup, at a table for 4 with a fifth chair. Next to us was a single woman who was seated at a table for 5!!!! After we were seated, no one ever came to us to acknowledge that we had sat and after 12 minutes we got up and walked. After complaining to the same hostess, she told me to "have a nice life"......have no idea if food was good or not but the food we ate later at the Old Salt in Hampton was the BEST. This is a sad place....so, if you have more than 4 people in your party, drive by the Dinnerhorn on Rte 1 in Portsmouth and head to the Old Salt.

• Visited August 2012