“Good food fast”

Marshall's Bread Box Deli
Ranked #152 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am not originally from the area and have been looking for an excellent place to get sandwiches for awhile now. I was very impressed with the Bread Box! The subs themselves came in three sizes, with a wide variety of choices. My friend likes spicy, so he had opted for a spicy italian which fulfilled his needs. I was very happy with my club. If you are looking for a great place to grab some food for here or to go- the Bread Box should be the first place on your list! WIll return to try more on the menu. Thanks Eric for the great food!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The best subs in Portsmouth hands down- fresh, tasty, large portions and a great value. While I cannot agree with a previous reviewer that stated that thier mouth watered when inserting the foot-long in thier mouth, I never the less agree that food from the Breadbox is consistent and enjoyable. I highly recommend for pizza as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Consistency matters! I have tried several places, ordering the same thing again and again and yet every time, when unwrapped it looks and tastes different. NOT AT THE BREAD BOX. I get nearly the same thing every time, creature of habit I guess but every time it is exactly what I ordered, craved and my mouth watered for. I wish I lived around the corner like the person in the previous review but I don't SO I will go out of my way for a sub from here and YOU SHOULD TOO! Or don't they deliver!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We were headed south from Maine to North Carolina and we love to stop in Portsmouth. It was dinner time, we had a few more hours to drive that night and downtown Portsmouth was way crowded. As we headed south from downtown, we spotted the unassuming looking Breadbox and stopped. I was expecting takeout slices of pizza, but discovered that they have great burgers and creative soundind deli sandwiches as well as pizza and calzones. My burger wAs hand made, carefully cooked and just what I needed. We were all happy with our food and we will go back the next time we are in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Tjmtravels
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 27, 2007

literally around the corner from my house-- it's my go-to place when i'm craving a sub with xtra pickles! :) try the buffalo chix specialty pizza. goooooood.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook