“A fine dinner...interesting flavors”
Review of Radici Restaurant - CLOSED

Radici Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Sunday night in Portsmouth, 10/13/2013 Columbus Day Weekend, after a wonderful day of sightseeing, we asked where for dinner, Radici is where we ended up, it was a pleasure indeed.
Kathy our server was excellent, started with a quick salad that we requested split, yep done, warm bread and oil yummy, than scallop appetizer, just cooked right on, into a chicken saltimbocca, which again was split for us, thank you, and than the cappuccino and chocolate bread pudding. A very pleasant and fine finish to a wonderful day. All courses were timed quite nicely and service was excellent, and unobtrusive.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came here before a race, so selected the pasta dish. The pasta was fresh and the sauce was very tasty. We sat at the bar and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've eaten several times at Radici and I've never been disappointed. It is a very small restaurant on the main street in Portsmouth (no water views or any of that) but the food is exceptional. The menu has an Italian flair but varies based on the season. As others have said, I'm always amazed that we rarely wait for a table for two. The high tables are across from the bar but it's attracts quiet refined customers so it's never an issue. I recommend this to all of my out of town friends.

1  Thank StillMore2C
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We came here one night recently, my family and I. We had a great waitress, who's name I sadly cannot recall, and the manager on was very nice.

The menu changes seasonally, and it being early fall, the menu sort of reflects that. I've become vegetarian, and the menu indicates which dishes are vegetarian, and they also serve gluten free pasta. There is a bar in here, and the place is small. I would like to mention that I went with my family, but we are all grown up. This is not a place you bring little kids to.

First course was bruschetta, warm roasted vegetable salad, and the antipasti. Overall, they were equally delicious. Second course went down like this:
Chicken Parmesan- two got this dish. My sister actually got the house made fettuccine and spicy sauce, but said the sauce wasn't too spicy. This comes with two pieces of chicken.
Seafood Fra Diavolo- scallops, shrimp and mussels in a spicy red sauce, though the two that got this said it wasn't too spicy.
Chicken Saltimbocca- My Mom never finishes her dinners, because it's usually too much food. She cleaned her plate, saying it was delicious.
Penne Gorgonzola- This is what I got. I like mushrooms, and don't mind Gorgonzola cheese, but I figured it was just sprinkled on the dish. It actually was a sauce, and it was too much. My Dad, who likes bleu cheese, didn't like it.

The manager asked how I liked my dish, and I was honest saying it was too much and didn't really enjoy it. He apologized and came back with a card, saying on my next trip, I'd get a free appetizer. I hadn't expected that, but it was a nice surprise. We would all go back. We enjoyed the food.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Radici - can't tell you why we haven't gone there sooner - but we will be back and spread the news!
Cecil was our waiter - attentive, helpful and very professional. Loved the setting from when we first stepped in. The hostess was lovely, seated at a high table - the restaurant was crowded but we got in without a reservation.
Had the gnocchi, goat cheese salad, antipasto plate, seafood ravioli and the mussels.
Everything was perfect. Sauces were out of this world - we couldn't stop using the bread to get every last bit up.
Long time residents of the area we have never been to Radici and it's our new favorite - can't wait to try more on the menu.
Thanks for a great meal and a great night.