“When All else Fails, Go to Radici”
Review of Radici Restaurant - CLOSED

Radici Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Everything is wonderful, from the appetizers to the pasta. Never had a bed choice here. Flatbread is excellent.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm shocked by the good reviews for this establishment.The food was bland and felt like a waste of money. The shrimp fra diavolo was very basic and we have made better for ourselves at home. The artichoke/spinach lasagna was borderline inedible. Absolutely no flavor whatsoever and was dry. They served no bread, oil etc... at the table either. Very, very disappointed. One of our worst tasting meals in a long time.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Sometimes, a detour of a Sunday breakfast plan can turn into an amazing taste experience. My Dad and I got wait listed for a very popular and awesome breakfast place. It got us walking up the street ot get some excercise and a peek at some future dining place. we bumped into a brunch sign for Radici. It was a lucky find. A smal, intimate italian restaurant by night and cool brunch place on Sunday morning. The coffee was a unique blend. Somewhere between Starbucks strong blend and Dunkin Donuts blend. We both got frittatas that were awesome. Salad was nicely dressed with the freshest ingredients. The grilled bread with a hint of garlic and olive oil was the hightlight of the day.

I want to try the place for dinner. Hard to imagine that it wouldn't be good as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stepped into Radici within the last week for a celebratory meal. We'd just completed a week of road-tripping through New England and wanted to have a memorable evening to cap it off.

Service: we had two waiters, and both were attentive and friendly without being over familiar.

Food: our appetizer, the Antipasti, was delicious, very well presented, and large enough to share. The grilled flatbread and pesto vinaigrette were quite tasty, and I left fork and knife untouched as I dove into the prosciutto, provolone, olives, marinated artichoke hearts, and other assorted complementary flavours and textures. For the mains, my husband had the Truffle Chicken & Ravioli, and I had the Lobster Risotto. The portions were generous in both cases. His was quite hearty, with the mushrooms & chicken nicely smoky and bursting with flavour. My lobster risotto was nicely presented, but the risotto texture was a tad too soft, and the lobster flavour was almost lost in the creamy leek & tomato base. There was meant to be black truffle in my dish, however I detected very little of what I was hoping would be a more robust flavour.

Ambience: We entered the restaurant around 7pm, or about halfway through their 5-9pm Monday evening hours, and I was dismayed to find a musty odour in the entryway, followed by the scent of some sort of cleanser (like a strong carpet cleanser). The smells were faint, but distracting throughout our stay. Otherwise, the restaurant is nicely laid out, with a variety of seating options for couples and larger groups, intimate low light, and a spare but warm decor.

Overall, we were pleased with our meal, however we would only cautiously recommend it to friends and family. When we return to Portsmouth, we intend to explore other restaurant options, though if time and budget permit, we would not be averse to giving Radici a second try.

1  Thank MaryJane_Caro
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Walked into this restaurant without having read any reviews and were very pleased with the food, service and ambiance. Our meal selections included Chicken Saltimbocca ($19, excellent), Beef Tenderloin ($26, excellent), Seafood Ravioli ($20, very good), and gnocchi appetizer with mixed green salad, also very good. Wine list was varied and good. We were too full to sample any of the desserts. Would definitely return.