“Good but not 5 star”

Dining options: Reservations
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Good but not 5 star”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very good, I would go again. But I have had better. Go here you will like it.
Very good, I would go again. But I have had better. Go here you will like it.

• Visited September 2012

Acton, Massachusetts
“Great food - better than the Boston burbs”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I love Thai. There are good Thai places in Boston, but the places out in the western burbs are pretty lame. I was pleasently surprised that way out here in Portsmouth there was a Thai place as good as in the city! Someone here said this was a hole in the wall. It isn't. It is small, but very clean and well decorated in typical Thai images. No, I've been in hole-in-the-wall places in NY and Boston where there is great food and lousy seating/ambiance. Thai Paradise isn't that way at all.

Visited June 2012
Stockton, New Jersey
“One of our favorites in Portsmouth...truly good Thai food.”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was our second visit to Thai Paradise in Portsmouth and it was just as good this time as it was on our first visit. We went with our son and his wife (who introduced us to this restaurant a couple of years ago). My wife and I both had the Thai Mango Curry...my wife had it with shrimp and I had it with chicken. The only complaints my wife had was that the shrimps still had their tails (annoying to remove while eating) and that there wasn't as much mango in her dish as the last time we were there. I had no complaints at all about my dish, although even though I ordered it as a "4" on a 1-5 scale of hotness, it could have been hotter (I did add some chili pepper sauce and red pepper flakes, obliginingly provided by our waitress, to the dish and that made it hotter). Our son had the Masaman curry which he thoroughly enjoyed and our daughter-in-law had her favorite Pad Thai. The restaurant serves only wine and beer, but we brought along our own container of Margaritas (a drink we think goes great with spicy food) so we were able to have the drinks of our preference. We went on a Thursday night and the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. Service was excellent, the ambience is quite pleasant and the prices are reasonable. A most pleasant experience and one of our favority places in Portsmouth.

• Visited June 2012
Scarborough, Maine
“Tom Yum by which the others are judged”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had the House Rice with Ground Chicken. It was terrific. Curry Duck was quite good. If you try one thing in here- the Tom Yum soup.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“amazing”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I don't care who you are - if you want thai food then this is the place for you. I'm not sure if I would necessarily dine-in at this location but the food is amazing. I always get take-out and they never let me down. I am not putting their atmosphere down but it just doesn't seem like it is the best place for a 1-on-1 experience. A party of 6 or more would have a great time.

Take it from me - I am a local and I definitely know my Thai.

2 Thank Holingsworth