“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My dining companion had a gift certificate to use here, so we dined on a snowy Saturday evening. We shared the mussel appetizer, which we both very much enjoyed. We also split a surf-and-turf special with beef and scallops -- lovely flavors, excellent portion. Our chocolate and berry dessert was rather good, though the coffee was lacking in flavor. The bread basket was nice, wine & drink selection limited but acceptable, and service was friendly and mostly prompt. We did find it necessary to keep our jackets on our shoulders the entire evening, as the hostess seemed unable to regulate the cold air blasting from above.

All together, Harbor's Edge deserves good marks. While I would still suggest other restaurants not connected with a chain hotel over this place, I wouldn't dissuade anyone who has already decided to try it.

1  Thank CKWander

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a view into the harbor. The food was good. Nice selection of wines and beers. The wait staff was excellent.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a good restaurant in portsmouth , surprisingly never real busy ,hidden gem ,food is always very good we had broiled haddock,shrimp and scallops ,in the past I have had filet and that was very good also ,they really have a nice atmosphere ,sometimes they will have a piano player their.
Anyway this time we had a very good waiter Michael he was very good and prompt and accommodating.if you haven't tried this place I would recommend it .

1  Thank mark s
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a great breakfast. They are very accommodating for dietary needs & careful about cross contamination. My daughter had a huge gluten free breakfast. Call Mackenzie in advice and she will make sure your needs are met!

2  Thank MAKLovesToTravel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a Living Social voucher and had read some reviews that were less than complimentary on the way to dinner. We were a bit nervous as to what we would get for food and service. They seated us right away even though we arrived 15 minutes early. We had a special menu due to the voucher which we expected. The selections looked good and we ordered apps and dinner which came with a Magnolia Chardonnay. The wine was better than expected as were the appetizers and entrees. Our server, Stephanie, was on point all evening and did a very good job. I had the lobster and wild mushroom risotto which was very good and my wife had the pot stickers with and edamame sauce. They would have been better pan sautéed but were good. My salmon was very good and and my wife had the chicken scaloppini which was also tasty. Overall, we had a good experience and would go back again. We overheard a server saying that there was a new GM and that may have been a factor in the improved food and service as compared to the reviews we had read.

1  Thank KATHY W