“Good food at a hotel”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The meal was fine but three of the dishes were served. In a bowl. Fairly tasty food but a bit pricey. There are too many good restaurants in Portsmouth to dine here. Leave the hotel.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wonderful dinner at Harbor's Edge. The food selection was great and our salmon and pork chops were very tasty. Our server was fantastic, she was very attentive. The views from the dining room is beautiful of the working port. The nicely renovated lobby, restrooms and dining room really looks great.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were staying at a different hotel but my wife and I drove over for a late breakfast here on a Sunday morning. The setting overlooking the river was relaxing.

Service was prompt, professional and courteous. My coffee and my wife's tea were all quality. The food was abundant, well prepared and tasty. To sum it up - they do what a restaurant is supposed to do.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Restaurant on site at Shearton in Portsmouth is a open concept that looks into the lobby. Ate dinner here and breakfast. Food was really good at both meals. Area looks like it could seat around 50 guests. However if you are looking for a quick meal this is not the place. Service is SLOW. Over an hour from the time we were seated/ordered before our meais arrived for dinner and at least 45 minutes at breakfast.

Now it is possible you can't have it both ways, faster service and good food. But many people in my party stated the same thing as we ate breakfast at different times.

Menu for dinner had a great selection, expect to pay $15-$25 for enrees. I had the prime rib, great cut, no fat for a prime rib. Worth the money.

Breakfast offers the traditional fare, had a 3 egg omelette that was great. Prices are typical hotel with plates starting at $8.99 but everyone in my group loved the breakfast food.

The slow service was really a factor and despite the great food I have to rate this as average. However if you like long, leisurely meals and superb food quality then you will enjoy your meal here.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Great Location! Great Service! Great Food! Great place for a weekend Getaway as well as a Company Meeting or outing.