“Great food, fantastic service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portsmouth Brewery

Portsmouth Brewery
Ranked #11 of 199 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Pub, Soups, Brew Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to New Hampshire's original brewpub, a landmark in downtown Portsmouth's thriving restaurant scene since 1991. Our wide-ranging menu is complemented by a selection of our own unique, hand-crafted beers, as well as selected guest beers, including hard-to-find selections from our sister company, Smuttynose Brewing Co. Come for the beer. Stay for the food. We serve all types!
Lake George
“Great food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

I wish I had more time to go back to this restaurant. There were so many items on the menu that I wanted to try. The food was fresh, hot, and flavorful. The service is was what you'd expect at a "Michelin Star" restaurant. The server was Dane M, he was attentive and knowledgable. This is how service should be. He brought my 7-year-old daughter's meal out with the appetizer without even being asked. He was always available but never intrusive. Ask to be seated in his section.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank shuckman

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We ate lunch here on a Saturday afternoon around 2pm. The place was packed and there was a wait, but we were able to get a table at the bar area (first come first serve). We tried the beer sampler which had about 10 beers and was great for choosing which beer you'll like best. For lunch we both ordered the burgers with carmelized onion and I got the mac salad and my bf got the fries. We loved the burgers! Very good and juicy. The mac salad and fries were also very good. I'd definitely recommend this place!

Visited November 2011
everywhere
“Mussels in ale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Sure, most restaurants in Portsmouth offer mussels...but none as good as at the brewery. Expect a heaping bowl of steamed mussels in your choice of two sauces, both served with a side of fresh bread for dipping. Opt for a side of fries, and you have moules fritte as good as you would find seaside in the Med.

• Visited November 2011
Dartmouth, Canada
“Perfect Portsmouth Porter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Portsmouth Brewery is a bit hard to get to because it is right downtown and you have to find a parking spot, but we visited last year and made a point of returning this year because I liked the beer so much. My Mother in Law was a bit put off because she could not get a "regular" Miller Light, but the waiter did an excellent job of finding her something light from their excellent menu of craft beers. I always look for a nice strong beer and the waiter recommended their Oatmeal Porter. It was an excellent choice and I completely enjoyed his recommendation.
The food was equally good. I had the pastrami sandwich and it was very tasty served on a nice rye bread with a good quality mustard and sauerkraut. My wife had a delicious seafood taco, but was disappointed with the rice which had an odd taste.
The waiter was excellent, friendly and helpful, and we had a nice chat about craft beer.

• Visited November 2011
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

The service was good, it was a bit loud and crowded however when the cheeseburger and pizza arrived nothing else matterred it was great!

• Visited September 2011