“Great pub”

Coat of Arms Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Fun place to hang out.Have been here multiple times. Darts, soccer games on tv, huge variety of beers, good English food (oxymoron ?) and other pub food too. Can be very loud but is part of the draw to this place.....

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We came here for the fish and chips and they didn't disappoint. The gravy on the bangers and mash was also fantastic. Service was friendly and fast. We would definitely come back here again

Reviewed September 26, 2012

An English pub in Portsmouth. With great food & drink. 4 of us went, each had something different. I bought a round of pickled eggs - I love them. My companions.... It's a required taste I guess.
Darts and other games to play. Fun spot

1  Thank VikingBear1963
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went there last Friday, and had a beer and appetizers (Grey Shrimp as "Potted Shrimp" and Fish cake). These would have been considered excellent in a real British pub - which to me means they were acceptably done and not a tad more. The beer was cold and quite good. However, we watched others being served, and saw that the British pies were not quite done correctly (they were cooked in what appeared to be souffle type pots with no pie lining but just a puff-pastry top. What a disappointment, since I was looking forward to a real pie crust which contained a well made steak and kidney pie. If someone else has actually had a well made steak and kidney pie at this place (with the mandatory pie shell), I will be happy to retract my review. Service was quite good.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A friend of mine who travels all over the New England area loves this place, so we went with his choice. I have only been there once, but I will definitely visit again when I'm in the neighborhood. It's a popular place and it was crowded, but the patrons were not annoying like most people in crowded pubs. The meal was very good and the beer and whiskey selection was exceptional. The prices were about average. I heartily endorse this pub.