“Unique and Fun”

Dining style: Casual Dining
South Berwick, Maine
“Unique and Fun”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

8 of us went to the Thirsty Moose in Portsmouth to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary and because we had real beer lovers visiting for the weekend. The beer selection is vast and the menu is varied. The corned beef ruebens and rueben burgers looked awesome. I recommend the Moose Rolls for an appetizer but there is enough to make it a light lunch. The dining room is kind of industrial but comfortable with plenty of big screen tv's for sports watching. A fun place to check out on a Saturday afternoon.

Sanford, ME
“excellent on-tap selection & good pizza”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stopped by base on the trip advisor reviews for beer and pizza and the place was hopping! A huge selection of beer from around the US and worldwide. Friendly wait staff despite a full house and a great veggie pizza prepared via a brick oven. Will go back to try a different meaty pizza but highly recommend for a good bar/food experience.

Dallas, Texas
“100+ beers on tap. Enough said :)”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Thirsty Moose was on our bar hopping list - first stop and now I wish we would have made it our only stop! Amazing selection of beer. Went to Portsmouth brewery and Coat of Arms, also fun bars but no one can top the beer selection at Thirsty Moose. If you go you must try Shipyards Smashed Pumpkin with the sugar and cinnamon rimmed glass. It's AMAZING!

Strafford, New Hampshire
“Terrible Service, Rude Staff”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went to the Thirsty Moose with a large group of co-workers. We had planned to get drinks and appetizers, however, each time we ordered something, it wasn't delivered. It felt as though the staff didn't want our business, they were all equally rude and unhelpful. I explained the issue to the bouncer, who also claimed to be the owner. I told him that I would not be back to the establishment, based on this negative experience. He said "good."
There are tons of great bars and restaurants to choose from in Portsmouth, don't waste your time with this one.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank april1970
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Average at best but impressive beer list”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The Thirsty Moose is nothing but anxiety. It is often uncomfortably crowded (especially one weekends and game nights, obviously). I have been therr many, many time since we're locals and we know one of the waitresses but aside from her they are super unpleasant. Ordering a beer is an ordeal and I have to count on both hands the number of times I have had to ask for my drink two or three times. The hassle is not enough to make the 100+ beers on tap worth it.

The food is bar food, some worse. However, I am fond of their Buffalo Chicken dip and their homemade drink Moose Juice is quite good. But really, I would pick other places over "the Moose" evey time.

• Visited August 2013