“Terrible Service, Rude Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Thirsty Moose Taphouse
Ranked #18 of 199 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Strafford, New Hampshire
“Terrible Service, Rude Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went to the Thirsty Moose with a large group of co-workers. We had planned to get drinks and appetizers, however, each time we ordered something, it wasn't delivered. It felt as though the staff didn't want our business, they were all equally rude and unhelpful. I explained the issue to the bouncer, who also claimed to be the owner. I told him that I would not be back to the establishment, based on this negative experience. He said "good."
There are tons of great bars and restaurants to choose from in Portsmouth, don't waste your time with this one.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank april1970

North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Average at best but impressive beer list”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The Thirsty Moose is nothing but anxiety. It is often uncomfortably crowded (especially one weekends and game nights, obviously). I have been therr many, many time since we're locals and we know one of the waitresses but aside from her they are super unpleasant. Ordering a beer is an ordeal and I have to count on both hands the number of times I have had to ask for my drink two or three times. The hassle is not enough to make the 100+ beers on tap worth it.

The food is bar food, some worse. However, I am fond of their Buffalo Chicken dip and their homemade drink Moose Juice is quite good. But really, I would pick other places over "the Moose" evey time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Riverview, Canada
“116 Taps - Unreal !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped in to the Thirsty Moose for lunch and it was very good.
They have 116 beers on tap and a great menu selection.
My wife and I order the Moose Rolls (Lightly dressed coleslaw and bbq pulled pork wrapped up in a crispy egg roll shell.), Beer Battered Onion Rings & we each had an order of Wings.
Great spot with great pub fare.

“Tap tap tap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Beer selection second to none. Even my beloved RedSeal ale on tap. Extensive appetizer, sandwich, burger, pizza menu perfect for watching games and tailgating inside. A must stop for our visits. The knock is the uneven service. We saw waitresses very attentive to their area. Our table must have been an outlier as our would disappear for 20 minutes a clip. We almost walked out waiting to pay. Anywhere that does not value the collecting money part ...

Visited August 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Bar, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We absolutely loved this place. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but once you walk in it's a pretty big place. The main attraction is the beer list (116 beers on tap I believe), and we ordered a couple of samplers to try as much as we could without getting cited for public intoxication. I won't go into the details, but rest assured that there are a ton of beers in virtually every style, with a great concentration of local (ME, NH, VT) brews that you can't find in a lot of places. What really pleased us was that the food was great too. Poutine fries were tasty and the chili was unbelievable. Perfect level of heat (for me at least), a little sweet, great flavor. We'll be back to this place for sure.

• 3 of 5 bubbles