“great family fun”
Review of Water Country

Water Country
Ranked #18 of 71 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: No one packs more fun into a water park than Water Country! We’ve got over 26 acres of your kind of fun for the whole family. Then again, we are New England's Largest, Cleanest, Safest, and Friendliest Waterpark! With cabanas and picnic areas, Water Country is the perfect place for your next birthday, party, family reunion, or group outing. Attractions like the all new Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel Of Terror, Adventure River, and the Tahiti Tree House for children, ensure everyone has a good time at Water Country!
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The only reason I am giving a four star review is that the lines to get life jackets for the kids were huge...it took close to an hour to get two jackets :( if you have your own..... bring it and avoid the line. Apart from that it was fantastic, clean, fun....we will be back!!

2  Thank susan f
Cristine T, Manager at Water Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve flow of any lines including those at rentals. Bringing your own Coast Guard approved life jacket is a great idea and always and option!
Thank you for visiting and have a great rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I am going to water country this coming friday, July 18th. This will be my 5th year bringing my son and 3 of his friends, there all 11 years old. Never did I have a problem with the employees at the park. I wish I could say that about the visitors that come to the park. I returned to my area where my cooler , chairs, towels were and someone decided to take all my things off 4 of the chairs, put everything on the ground and proceeded to take the 4 chairs! People are rude and have no respect for others but nobody can blame the staff for these ignorant people who have no manners. This incident didn't stop me and the boys from coming back to water country. They look forward to this every summer as I also do. We pack our lunches and during the day we'll get a snack at the concession stand and at the very end of the day we get the fried dough and sit on the wall near the stand and the boys indulge.
I expect there to be long lines, pricey food...Most attractions are pricey that's where planning & budgeting come in. If you know your going then except the fact that there will be long lines, etc.
I love Water Country and we're looking forward to going in 3 more days

3  Thank blueyes05

Thank you so much for your review and for your continued patronage. We appreciate you bringing your family here year after year and giving us feedback as well. We look forward to seeing you at the park soon! Enjoy the summer!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The park is very very crowded and it seems the staff is over whelmed.. We had fun but the food and parking was very expensive. I would be prepared to open the wallet. I will chose the water park in Candia NH over this one.. Alot less people and the staff is friendly and its affordable.

4  Thank DonaldCiriello

Thank you for your feedback and for visiting the park. On busy days the lines can be long and there are many people that come. With 26 attractions we pride ourselves on having something for everyone. Parking is $5 and we invite you to bring your own food to the park making it more affordable for families to visit. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Love this Park! Extremely clean and well maintained! Plenty of attentive staff. The rides are the best !! I thought the lines would be so bad we would leave after lunch..stayed for 6 1/2 hrs...couldn't get enough of the fun! And there are slides and attractions for ALL ages!

2  Thank Donna J
Cristine T, Manager at Water Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you so much for visiting the park! We are so happy you had a great time :)

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The rides are pretty decent and the lines are what are expected At most parks during summertime. They could do a better job keeping the wave pool and the bathrooms clean. Bring your own food they have a great area to eat. BEWARE OF THE SEAGULLS! They are trained to attack. Serious if you are a people watcher you will get a kick out of it. They dive bomb any and all food including my the fried dough we bought set down to grab a paper towel and seven seagulls had it. It was worth the $6 we paid for it.

3  Thank Boelig
Cristine T, Manager at Water Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. The seagulls can definitely be entertaining and watching your food is important, otherwise it will be for the birds :-/
We hope you visit again! Have a great day and thanks again for your review.