“Great fun for adults and kids”
Review of Water Country

Water Country
Ranked #14 of 66 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: No one packs more fun into a water park than Water Country! We’ve got over 26 acres of your kind of fun for the whole family. Then again, we are New England's Largest, Cleanest, Safest, and Friendliest Waterpark! With cabanas and picnic areas, Water Country is the perfect place for your next birthday, party, family reunion, or group outing. Attractions like the all new Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel Of Terror, Adventure River, and the Tahiti Tree House for children, ensure everyone has a good time at Water Country!
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great fun for adults and kids”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 hours at Water Country, New Hampshire. Getting there was easy. Free parking. Do not bother going if the ambient temp is below 80, it gets chilly walking around wet. Rent a locker at the Pirate Cove-less crowded and right next to the best rides. Save double Geronimo for last! Brin your food (somebody will have to skip the rides and watch it. bring a holding string for the glasses. do not rent tubes, they are available at the rides. Overall, great time.

3 Thank michael g

Boston Ma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent water park!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just got back from an awesome day at Water Country! We arrived early as the park opened , and rode all the best rides many times, with hardly any wait.
Next, we took a cooler packed with everything we needed for lunch, snacks and drinks. They have many picnic areas around the park. We didnt spend a penny on anything other than $13 for a locker rental. I received $5 back when i returned the locker key at
the end of the day.
The park was very clean. The restrooms were acceptable and not disgusting when we went. The teenage ride attendants were all polite and attentive to their duties. Last year a mother wasnt watching her child and the lifeguards jumped in and save him when he went over his head in the wave pool.(great job! )
We cut the expensive price down
by using coupons from burger king. If you have AAA, you can get discount tickets for $30.

3 Thank ginnyf
Chesapeake, Virginia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“OK...Water Park - Wouldn't go out of my way.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been to lots of water parks over the years and while spending time in New Hampshire this was the option presented. I was simply glad that I never had to pay to get in because it simply wasn't worth paying to attend.

Well that isn't really true...if you are from New Hampshire than you just don't know any better and probably the best water park you've been exposed too. They served nothing but fried foods and the water slides were extremely boring and lines too long for the quality of the park.

1 Thank Ty_Swartz
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not great, but fun for what it's worth”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went here in August of 2010 and it was sort of crowded. It was our first time there, so we just found a spot at the wave pool to keep our stuff. All the slides were fun, but there was a wait for almost everything. The water was fun and kids areas were great. One of the two slide I really wanted to do (dragons den) I didn't get to ride because the wait was nearly 2 hours. the other (Geranamo) I couldn't do because my dad said it would hurt his back. Some of the slides (black hole and screamer in particular) were very pleasant surprises. I think the park needs some sort of "trap door" or half pipe slide, something to draw the thrill seekers in.

1 Thank MAK12345678
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Repeat Customer”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Live near by so go every now and then. Maybe once or twice a season. Over all park is good and has plenty of rides. Try to pick a day with 30% chance of scattered storms on weekdays as thats when I go (shh my secret) and there are literally no lines. People complain about lines and being overcrowded but if you go on a hot weekend in summer like the rest of the world then expect ridiculous lines. The staff is pleasant and prices are fair. REMEMBER AAA discount. Buy through AAA and the tickets are a ridiculous steal price. Most people tend to forget that discount

Visited July 2013