“Water fun!”
Review of Water Country

Water Country
Ranked #16 of 68 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: No one packs more fun into a water park than Water Country! We’ve got over 26 acres of your kind of fun for the whole family. Then again, we are New England's Largest, Cleanest, Safest, and Friendliest Waterpark! With cabanas and picnic areas, Water Country is the perfect place for your next birthday, party, family reunion, or group outing. Attractions like the all new Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel Of Terror, Adventure River, and the Tahiti Tree House for children, ensure everyone has a good time at Water Country!
Reviewed October 26, 2012

There is ALOT to do here! So many different slides for all ages. One of my favorites is not a slide but the wave pool. Must visit at least once a summer.

There are newer reviews for Water Country

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We just recently visited Portsmouth and Water Country was one of the reasons we went there. Had I read some of these reviews I may not have gone. The place packed up very quickly. We arrived in the free parking lot about 10 mins before the park was open and wow, what a lineup to get it in. Luckily we stayed at THE PORT INN (very nice) and purchased our tickets at a discount there, so we did not have to wait in that line. Be prepared if it's a nice day~was Friday for us~to wait in long lineups. Once we were in the park some lineups were long, the new ride was not scarey at all, and I agree with another review to the congested area of the lazy river. This was really the only part of the park that bothered me. The staff member was standing at the back part of the pool away from the exit/entrance just blowing her whistle at everything people were doing wrong. I STRONGLY suggest this park have two staff on hand at this part of the park to make the "lazy river" somewhat relaxing. Even my 14 yr old said that wasn't relaxing!!!! We decided to leave early. And the wave pool was shut down for a while we were there and we have no idea why. I'm not a person to complain, but I just felt this place was crazy busy. I do feel though that there was enough there to keep you busy for the day, if you don't mind waiting in lineups. If you want a good waterpark, go to Val Cartier in Quebec, Canada, by far the best water park I've ever been to.

1  Thank Empress1972
Reviewed September 11, 2012

During vacation we went here for fun. the rides and food where great but heres the thing: VERY VERY LONG LINES. the lines for the new ride were crazy and the new ride was not scary as advertised. we enjoyed the park.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to Water Country to burn some tim eduring our NH vacation... Food was VERY expensive, would recommend packing a lunch... The amusement park itself was small, not overwhelming, very clean and the children had a blast on the pirate ship play area... can't say I would go back, but don't regret our visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Portsmouth for years and never realized there was a water park until recently. It doesn't look like much from the road, but actually has more than enough rides to fill a day. Fortunately, we went on an overcast day. The water was still warm so that was a plus. We were able to get in right at opening time and go on all the rides without long lines. It was totally worth it. Once the sun did come out, the place filled up super fast and there started to be long lines. The newest ride, Dr. Von Dark, was pretty disappointing, but there are so many other rides that we didn't feel like we were missing out. The staff weren't very friendly and the bathrooms were pretty gross, but I found those to be the only negatives. Overall, I will definitely visit again, but try to go on another overcast day.

1  Thank ebbie1081