“Best brewery tour we've been on!”

Redhook Portsmouth Brewery & Cataqua Public House
Ranked #14 of 68 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Live music, tours, beer samples and food are offered at this large brewery and pub that started with the first wave of American microbreweries and is now a celebrated name.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This review is long overdue... I have been on the Redhook Brewery tour twice, my boyfriend has been on the tour probably 5 times, and on this most recent trip we had the best tour because of the tour guide Doug. This guy deserves a bonus! The tour was very informative without being boring, fun, and tasty! I learned more interesting facts about beer than at any other brewery tour I've been on! We will be back to Redhook next time we are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Redhook Portsmouth Brewery & Cataqua Public House

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went for the afternoon and got lunch, food was fantastic. We then went on the beer tour with our guide Doug, who was a lot of fun and very knowledgable. It's a very cheap, fun time if you have the afternoon free. I would highly recommend requesting Doug as your tour guide, he will not disappoint! Thanks Red Hook... and Doug!!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Took a brewery tour, which was interesting and included beer samples! The people were nice and the beer was decent. I recommend it if you have an afternoon free.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Redhook brewery is a fun place to grab a quick bite and drink a great beer on tap. It has a clean friendly atmosphere and is affordable. The menu seems to be ever-changing but it has your typical pub fare. The locally brewed beer is superb and the tour (which is only $1) is very fun. You don't have to make a reservation and tours go all day. The tour guide is as ecclectic as the beer itself. Definitely worth experiencing.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The tour is only a hour long & only costs $1! The tour guide was great, really funny and made the tour a good time. & the beer was awesome! I'm not a big fan of beer, but I actually liked it! We ended up going to the pub afterwards to avoid the traffic and I'm glad we did. We had the Jamaican jerk chicken strips which were amazing! & they have two beers in the pub that can only be found at that pub from Redhook.