“You won't be Sorry!”

Port Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My family stayed here August 30 for 1 night and after reading the reviews on trip advisor I had high expectations. I can honestly say all of them were met. I was very impressed.

When I arrived the lovely lady at the desk was very pleasant and gave us perfect directions on a little map of how to get to Chuck-E-Cheese's. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was nice and big which I really liked. The shower was good with lots of water pressure. They had good TV with lots of channels. The air conditioner worked perfect and even had a remote! The outdoor pool area was SO nice! we were lucky to enjoy it alone which is always a treat.

Check in and check out was speedy and efficent, and the continental breakfast was AWESOME!!! it saved us from spending probably $10.00 at Dunkin Donuts.

I would definately stay here again. Thanks for the excellent stay and service!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Luvs2travel_xo

Reviewed August 22, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Port Inn for one night on our way to Acadia National Park. I had pretty high expectations from the reviews here and we were not disappointed! Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by the hotel staff. They also offered assistance with things to do in Portsmouth as it was our first visit. We then immediately used the pool, which was very neatly placed in the center of a beautifully maintained courtyard. All the premises were nicely cared for and I saw several employees watering the many flowers during our 18 hour stay. It should be noted that our room was pretty small, but it contained everything we needed, including a refrigerator and microwave, which some other hotels do not offer while paying twice the money. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank ritewinger
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Good service, nice rooms and location. Continental breakfast above average. Was given the wrong room when we arrived but it was quickly remedied. Highly recommend this place if you are visiting Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

2  Thank lgk820
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The Port Inn received rave reviews on here, and I have to ask from whom? I stayed here this past weekend and was unimpressed to say the least. First off, the room was just okay. The price (about $150/night) is not cheap and for the money, the place is just below average. When we arrived late at night, the tub floor was so dirty it was gross to have to use it but we had no choice because it was too late to say anything. The next day, we asked that the maid service pay extra attention to it. When we returned, we found the tub spotless (kind of makes you wonder why it was filled with rust colored film beforehand) but the ladies who cleaned it forgot to close our door all the way! So, our room was open the entire day! Given the fact that we had such mishaps, we expected the innkeepers to adjust our bill but when we checked out, they didn't even ask if we were satisfied or how our stay was. All in all, I'd never EVER stay there again. There are cute B&B's all along the coast that will be a much better value in my opinion. Port Inn owners, when there are mistakes, own up to them!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luvmykid
bmacdDoverNH, General Manager at Port Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2007

I absolutely agree that the condition of the bathtub was not up to our usual standards. The morning that the issue was brought up, the housekeeping department was made aware of the problem. Having no success after a number of attempts to rectify the issue with the normal cleaning products, the room attendants brought this to my attention. I inspected the bathtub and discovered a hard water mineral build up along the bottom of the tub. Once the issue was identified, I took the appropriate steps to solve the problem. However, the fact that the problem was allowed to develop is not acceptable, and for this I offer our apologies, as well as for the room not being left in a secure manner.

Please be assured that the experiences you had with our property are not usual, as can be attested to by the other reviews. I look forward to speaking personally with the guests, and do hope they will give us another chance to serve them in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2007

The Port Inn is a very nice and very quit motel. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was also included. I understand why this motel is the #1 in Portsmouth. If you are searching for a nice and quit place to stay, stay at the Port Inn and you won't regret it.

Nicole
Québec city

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank NickyQuebec
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We were visiting family at Thanksgiving when illness hit. We opted to move to a hotel for a few days. We chose the Port Inn based on the price and we were amazed at what a wonderful, friendly and operating room clean place it turned out to be. I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn to anyone spending time in the Portsmouth area.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pahhhhhter
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We lucked out when we booked two rooms at the Port Inn in Portsmouth, NH. Our room with two double beds, 'though a bit small, was quite fashionably decorated, neat and clean, and appeared to be brand new. The bath was spacious and replete with a granite tub enclosure with a good strong shower head and it appeared to be brand new as well. In addition it contained all kinds of sample soaps, lotions, and potions as well a a coffee maker and a good assortment of teas. The bed was extremely comfortable and we both slept well both nights of our stay.

There was a continental breakfast included in the price of the room and we found it more than adequate. Staffers were friendly and helpful and quick to give directions when asked.

The Port is located at 505 US1 Bypass which is off a rotary at exit 5 on I - 95 North. From the hotel it is about 10 minutes to Downtown Portsmouth but for some reason it always took us longer to find the hotel than it took to get into town. We would have been better off going back and forth on I-95.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple