$330
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$279
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$240
$218
Hampton.com
$158
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$161
$917
$339
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsheated outdoor poolcontinental breakfastbagelsdowntown portsmouthnew englandroad noisecoffee makerhard boiled eggsroom was spotlessgreat place to stayfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againone night stayminute drivefront desk staffconvenient locationflat screen tv
Reviewed October 9, 2008

After looking at all the hotels in Portmouth, I opted for the Port Inn, its location is very close to the Hospital. I was slightly concerned, as I was travelling from the Isle of Man on my own, to visit my dad whom was suffering from cancer. I booked to stay for only 4 nights, this turned into 3 weeks. Bill and the staff at the Port were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for them. They really looked after me, exteneded my stay without me having to ask, even allowed me the same room for the duration.

This was a very sad time for me, we had a great deal of snow but my car was always cleared and ready for me to drive, one day this was done over 4 times. I cannot fault this hotel, as a single female I felt safe and secure, I did look around at the other hotels and come to the concusion that I had made the right choice.

I would have no hesitation going back here, its just sad that I lost my father 2 days after I returned home and have no reason to visit again, Portmouth is a lovely place to visit, the amount of people that helped me arrange a funeral from a great distance just filled my heart. I know why my dad stayed there after he retired from Pease AFB.

Many thanks Bill and all the staff, you made a difficult time less painful.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank kel1510
Reviewed October 2, 2008

On our 10 day trip through New England this was by far the nicest hotel we have stayed at. The room is on par with hotels costing much, much more. Very plush. 5 pillows on each bed. Kitchenette. Wireless. Flat screen hd tv. Friendly office staff. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiiddleSlim
Reviewed September 21, 2008

This place grew on me. I didn't want to pay $300.00 for a B&B for the one night, so I went with the Port. The room had a very comfortable King size bed and was immaculate. The bathroom fixtures were new and squeaky clean. It's called an Inn, but it has a drive up motel like feel to it, which is what unnerved me at first. However, the place grew on me, because the staff is helpful and friendly, the room was great, and there is quite a nice pool out in the back. The coffee was excellent, and there were some nice pastries in the lobby area in the morning. I paid $99.00 corporate rate for the night, and that was a really great value. It would be a fine place if you are up visiting the area with the kids, or you want an inexpensive place with your spouse. Not a romantic spot for a couple, but if you are on a budget, it is a terrific choice. Not walking distance into town, you'll want to take the car - but only about five minutes away, and I've never had a problem parking in Portsmouth. There's the cheap garage if you can't find on-street.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bostonstory
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I must explain that my husband and I had just come from a wonderful B&B in Kennebunkport before staying at The Port Inn. Since we generally stay in motels and hotels I didn't expect the Inn to be anywhere as nice as the B&B, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

It wasn't bad, but I guess I don't understand all of the rave reviews. I agree that the staff was exceedingly nice. The room was equipped with a small kitchen, but the carpet was very old and dirty and the room smelled a little moldy. All of the windows were open and unlocked - even the ones that looked closed, so double-check them. Most disappointing to me was the breakfast. Not only do they not have any tables, the fare offered was limited to muffins and breads. The juice was prepackaged in small containers.

I was told that most people eat outdoors. Maybe so. We were just passing through so we didn't hang around to check. The room did have a nice flatscreen TV and the beds were OK.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sailrider
bmacdDoverNH, General Manager at The Port Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2008

First I would like to thank the reviewer for the kind words concerning the staff. Our staff prides itself on being friendly & helpful, and strives to provide exceptional and consistent customer service.

Regarding the reviewer’s comments on the continental breakfast, the eating space available inside is limited, and most people do opt to eat out on the front patio where there are café style tables and chairs. There is also a back patio picnic area, as well as ample room and tables surrounding the pool. However all these options are available weather permitting. And of course, some guests choose to have breakfast in their room or take it with them on the road. Our breakfast is set up so that it can easily be transported – the juices are Ocean Spray individual serving cups so it is easy for guests to “grab and go” when they chose, and there are baskets in which to put your breakfast choices. Choices available include muffins, bagels, english muffins, assorted danish, scones, assorted fruit breads, whole grain breads and fresh fruit. Three flavors of Seattle’s Best Coffee (always one Fair Trade Organic variety), 8 flavors of Tazo Teas, and cocoa are offered as hot beverage choices and are available 24 hours a day.

At The Port Inn, guests may often find open windows upon check-in. Although our HVAC system provides some fresh air, we take the opportunity to provide outside air when possible, weather permitting. This is also consistent with our “Go Green” philosophy and helps reduce energy costs. All windows have a security stop on them so they can only be opened to a certain width, preventing any intrusion.

In response to the reviewer’s comments about the carpets, we have carefully inspected all the rooms in the building in question -we are puzzled by the description of the carpet as being “very old and dirty”. No carpet on the entire property is older than 4 years, we have a professional carpet cleaning service shampoo each room 4 times per year, and we address spills immediately. Of course, we vacuum them daily as well.

Reviewed August 25, 2008

My family stayed for a long weekend, and really enjoyed the location, coffee and muffins, the clean rooms and the most gracious hosts. The staff at the Port Inn is the best part of the whole stay. Every request we made; help with directions, a room to accommodate our mother and her walker, to extra towels we were warmly taken care of.

The rooms were well appointed, with wifi connections and very clean. On our way to Maine we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family