$219
$219
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$149
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$197
$180
Hampton.com
$315
$299
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$139
$175
$159
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$159
$154
All reviewsheated outdoor poolcontinental breakfastbagelsdowntown portsmouthnew englandroad noisecoffee makerhard boiled eggsroom was spotlessgreat place to stayfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againone night stayminute driveconvenient locationfront desk staffflat screen tv
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We got our information concerning The Port Inn off a travel website but called the Inn directly. Having done lots of traveling, we always know that there can be variables between what is on the website and what is actually experienced. The Port Inn exceeded all of our expectations in cleanliness, comfort and friendliness. We arrived about 8:00 PM and the desk clerk was MORE than helpful and friendly. He sent us right away to where the locals like to eat for a late dinner. Great food (no, I don't remember the name--we'd traveled all day to get there). He then gave us detailed and practical advise as to what to see in Portsmouth the following day as we only had one day in town before moving on to another location in New England. The continental breakfast had lots and lots of choices and everything was fresh. Coffee is available 24 hours a day and the lobby was very inviting to grab a cup and sit and relax for a while. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was small, but nicely updated and even had a hairdryer (doesn't always happen in our price range!). We highly recommend any length of stay at the Port Inn and hope to return some day when we're in that part of the country again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We had no particular destination in mind when booking this part of our trip, but after reading the great reviews we chose this hotel.
We arrived around 6 PM to the sight and sounds of construction along the whole front of the hotel, which really worried me. The desk clerk, a very pleasant gentleman, advised us that he upgraded us to a king bed (we booked 2 doubles, which were the only choice listed). We had to drive around to the second wing of the hotel, and couldn't hear any of the construction at that point.
This is where we ran into the only "problem"; we were placed on the second floor of the hotel almost at the very end of the hall. We were traveling with a baby (which means lots of baby things)and I'm pregnant so I was no help to my poor husband who had to schlep everything upstairs himself (no elevator and there is only one set of stairs). When I had originally called to book the room through the hotel, they told me they were fully booked (I ended up booking through expedia) so I didn't bother asking to switch rooms.
Our room was lovely: king size bed which was pretty comfortable, desk, small table with 2 chairs, and a kitchenette (mini fridge, microwave,stove,sink) with a set of dishware/silverware. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but I prefer to get ready by myself so it was a good excuse to keep my husband out!
The room was immaculate (and believe me, my happy crawler puts anything she can find on the floor in her mouth!) and well stocked. There was a nice little cubby by the bathroom where we could set up the portable crib and still have the light/TV on and talk without disturbing her.
We arrived to a smattering of rain, so we didn't go out to the pool, but it looked in very nice condition from a distance.
The location of the hotel was great - it is right off the expressway and about a mile from the Maine border and all the shopping malls. I didn't like the sign on the pole out front - made it seem less homey and more Motel 6-ish. One "problem" with location however... we had a GPS system which didn't want to recognize the full address. It did, however, get us to the general vicinity where of course we chose the wrong direction... not hard to turn around though. I went out to get food from a local mexican restaurant, and it was difficult to get back because there were a lot of one way streets and highways you can't turn around on.
The continental breakfast seemed like a little less than what I've seen at other places - mostly bread,muffins,danish,bagels, and a little bit of fruit and juices. I would have liked to see (as did another guest next to me) a little more variety like yogurt.
Checkout was very easy and we were well rested and happy.
One tip: I'm not sure I would want to pay full price for the room, but I'm known to be frugal (aka "CHEAP"). Search around different travel websites to get a good deal - they are out there.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank The_Stump
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out, everything was perfect. From the staff, to the room , to the grounds.
The staff were helpful in advising us on things to do while in Portsmouth and Skip talked with us one evening about the area.
The room was super clean and the bathrooms look like they were remodeled recently.
The grounds were beautifully manicured as well.
I would recommend this inn if your staying in the southern NH area.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank Traveler2000_8
Reviewed May 19, 2008

We stayed at The Port Inn from 7-9th May. We booked direct through the hotel website and went for the smaller room with twin double beds. Having stayed at Hiltons etc in the UK, I'd say the room was a decent size. I would however say the twin doubles were probably queen size and it was a bit of a squeeze for two of us to sleep in one bed, but not too bad. I suppose you could say it was a little noisy from the road traffic outside, but this got really slow in the evening, so we barely noticed it at all.

The room had lovely furnishing and must have been recently done up- the bathroom in particular was lovely, especially the bath/ shower. If you're from the UK and haven't been to America before, we found baths were quite shallow and low to the ground. The complimentary toiletries were nice and there are loads of TV channels. There's also a fridge and microwave in the room plus an ice bucket and hanging space. Not 100% sure about an iron and board but I think it had one.

There is a coffee machine in the room plus all the bits you need for it. However there is complimentary coffee 24/7 in the lobby and there's 3 types including decaf. Breakfast is served in there too. While there isn't a lot of room for it, we liked breakfast with juice, yoghurt, bagels, muffins, toast and baked products like donuts and muffins as well as fruit. More than enough and self serve.

One of the main reasons we wanted to stay at the Port Inn was for the self-service laundry. We wanted to pack light to fill our suitcases, so took less clothes. This cost $1 for a wash, $1 for a dry and the hotel had soap powder is you wanted it and that was $1 too. We just did the laundry first night we arrived. We were told how long it would take and just went backwards and forwards to our room to take care of it.

We also used the internet facilities although these were expensive at $5 for 1/2 hour, but it was good to catch up on emails from home.

Skip was on duty when we arrived and he was really friendly, remembering us during our stay. He gave us a really helpful map of the downtown area. It took us about 15-20 minutes to walk into the heart of Portsmouth, but we enjoyed a meal at the Rusty Hammer bar the first night and the second night we drove over the border into Kittery, Maine to Warren's Lobster Hut which was the best meal of our whole trip. It only took 10 minutes door to door from hotel to restaurant using the bridge.

Portsmouth is very trendy- we'd highly recommend it and luckily got a gorgeous hot day there. We'd definitely stay at the Port Inn if we go back to Portsmouth because although it's slightly out of the centre it had everything we wanted.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nakmeister
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We stayed at the Port Inn for one night on 25th April. The guy on the desk, Skip, was very friendly and gave us lots of useful information about the local area. The room was spotlessly clean with just about everything you could need, including iron and board, microwave oven, hair dryer, internet etc. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple