“Good value, good service, nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Portsmouth

Motel 6 Portsmouth
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Holly Springs, Nc
“Good value, good service, nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I am a frugal traveler and this Motel 6 gave me exactly what I was looking for. A clean comfortable room with no frills and no extra expense. This was the only lodging I could find in the Portsmouth area for under $100 per night and I was extremely pleased with the result. If you need fancy amenities, this is not for you, but it was perfect for me.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way up to Portland Maine. The location was good and the room was clean, if a bit small. We didn't expect too much for the price and were pleasantly surprised by the very friendly and helpful front desk staff and the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The only real drawback was the bed....it was WAY way too hard. I mean, it was evil.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have stayed at this Motel6 nine times since 2004 and i'm again glad I did. It's a basic hotel with nothing extra but it's the best value for the price in Portsmouth. Rooms were recently renovated. It's nice to have a pool too. The only down side was that they've removed Ice Machines on the upper floors, meaning many trips up and down to get ice. Overall, I recommend this hotel for a good price, location and value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Pat-newengland
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

Yes, you'll save money - but is it worth it? And what's with charging for internet access?

The check in people were very nice. The shower was hot and good water pressure.

We had our dog along and he immediately ducked under the bed and pulled out a carcass - lots of little bones and yuck. And we'll just hope it was chicken. No surprise that the desk / vanity was all sticky.

The blankets were like paper towels. The pillows were smooshed; and the bath towels were thread bare.

Room temp was too warm and we finally opened a window to cool it down. Walls are very thin, and we could hear other guests.

We will never again stay in a Motel 6. It's an experience we'd like NOT to relive. At the end of our stay, we turned in a review of the room to the front staff. With something this extreme, you would think someone would have contacted us and apologized for what we walked into. Never heard anything. Wish I had taken photos so I could post them here now.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2008

I wanted a basic bed, clean bathroom with a shower, quiet and easy to get to after flying in from the west coast. I got what I wanted so I WAS VERY SATISFIED. Room was CLEAN, BATHROOM was CLEAN and bed was in good condition. It was easy to get to downtown Portsmouth so I would recommend it if this is what you need. You can easily spend more but if you don't spend much time in the room then this is the place! I would stay here again!

• Liked — Easy to find. Easy to get to DOWNTOWN sites!
  • Disliked — No shared computer
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BackRoadsUSA
London,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

Agree with all others. Friendly, quick, clean and short drive from the centre of town. MUCH cheaper than all the otther motels / hotels around the area and probably just as good.

• Liked — Great price!
  • Disliked — Found directions hard to follow (was late at night and dark though!)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rodent81
Quebec city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

Very good place. Good staff and good ameneties for the price.
Shopping mall near from the hotel and laundrymat in the hotel. Outside pool too.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)