“Cozy little bistro.”

Durbar Square Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 201 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Nepali, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh healthy and local food in Nepali traditional style cooking . Exciting every bite!!
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy little bistro.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went for Portsmouth restaurant week. The value was incredible!! Food was fantastic!! The atmosphere was very cute and quaint. Unique set up of tables on multiple floors. There were many tables and all very close together and the night we went was very busy and crowded. But overall it was a yummy dining experience!!

Dover, New Hampshire, United States
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Best dining experience I've had in awhile.It was restaurant week in Portsmouth NH most restaurants have a limited menu, not here.It was a full menu with full portions! Which in turn will get them a repeat diner.I was with a party of 6. My reservation was originally for 3. When I called to change it that same day they were happy to accommodate.I really appreciated that knowing how busy this Sat. night would be. The service was excellent from start to finish. Evey person at the table got a different appetizer and entree. Each one being more delicious than the next. It was nice to try all! My beef Bordeaux was cook perfect and the flavor of the sauce was perfect. The lobster St' Tropez app was incredible.Perfect pairing of flavors.The sea bass,the lamb,and the duck were all raved about!! I can't say enough about this restaurant and highly recommend to all!!

• Visited November 2012
Kent
“Come Hungry.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

After a few days of seafood, we were looking for something a bit different. It was wet and drizzly when we walked by earlier but thought the menu looked good at a glance and decided to come back the evening.
The place looks quite small from street level but upstairs are quite a few tables. Inspection of the menu in detail showed many choices. We had starters and mains and everything appeared original and the portions were quite large. The service was professional and we left very satisfied especially after a disapointing meal the previous night in Portsmouth .

• Visited October 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“High expectations were definitely not met”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had wanted to try Michelle's forever and when my boyfriend and I finally made it in, we were expecting a great meal. As other reviewers have said, the restaurant itself it quite cozy and romantic, and we were expecting a wonderful dining experience. However, we were let down. There was mass confusion among our server(s), as we had 3 different members of the wait staff come to our table at different times and all ask us what we would like to drink or to take our order. I was a waitress myself, so I understand that sometimes flukes like that happen and was willing to overlook it all, until the seafood pasta that I ordered which had shrimp scallops and lobster it in, was served to me without the lobster. When I brought this to the server’s attention she brought me a little ramekin full of lobster to "dump in" to my already prepared pasta. If this was a small fried seafood place, this kind of service would be acceptable. However, when the bill for two people is over $100, I would expect the situation to be handled differently. They didn't even offer to take anything off the bill, or give us anything complimentary. And even despite all this, I realize all restaurants have their off nights, (and this was clearly one) but if the food is good enough I can easily over look it. However, the food at Michelle's was slightly above average at best compared to all the other offerings in Portsmouth, and unfortunately, I have to give them a "terrible" rating :(

• Visited September 2012
Staunton
“Superb little place for romantic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were a bit hesitant from the outside, but when we walked in, everything changed.
It was magical. 6 pm is a great time to go to a restaurant.
The upstairs has nice little nooks to snuggle with the sweetheart. We had a nice street view. The menu was very nice with great selections. The waitress was very nice and assisted. The bread was very scrumptious. The food was fun in fun bowels and platters. My wife kept commenting on the great silverware. The food was excellent. I like a restaurant that provides a fun/interesting eating experience and this place did just that. We were pleasantly surprised.
This was the best meal and experience while staying in Portsmouth.

I would recommend it.