“What a disaster! TERRIBLE service and obnoxious owner.”

Durbar Square Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Nepali, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh healthy and local food in Nepali traditional style cooking . Exciting every bite!!
“What a disaster! TERRIBLE service and obnoxious owner.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

They could definitely use a class on appropriate customer service, multi-tasking and how to treat your customers right. Went here with my husband for lunch. Very charming little place with a decent, although limited, menu. Our waitress obviously couldn't handle the few tables she was working because it took her about 15minutes to acknowledge we we there and even longer to bring us water. But then it went from bad to worse. I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich, in which the menu clearly states that it comes with a dipping bowl of tomato soup. All of the menu items also come with a side of your choice, so I ordered the salad. It took an unusual amount of time to get our meal, and when we finally did I received the sandwich and salad, no soup. So I told her I was still waiting for the soup. She came back with a crock of COLD soup. I sent it back and within minutes she brought back the soup, still with my dirty spoon sitting on the dish. After suffering though the mediocre meal, we got the check and, sure enough, I was charged $5 for the soup (insult to injury, the menu indicated the soup was $4!). I explained the WHOLE dining experience to the cook, who also turned out to be one of the owners. He immediately got defensive and said the grilled cheese automatically comes with soup and that IS the side and the waitress should've explained that (which she didn't!). So we went round and round as he argued with me because he thought it was MY problem that I took his menu too literally?!? After a huge huff, he credited me the $5 and we got the heck out of there away from those crazy people!

2 Thank Brigett L

Syosset, New York, USA
“Gem of a restaurant !”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We dined at Michelle's this week and found it to be one of the most delicious meals that I have had since living in France. The wild mushroom/ poached egg appetizer was incredible. I love fish and found the Portugese Sea Bass to be sensational--- light, white and flaky. It was served over a bean ragout preparation which was unlike any that I have enjoyed before--wonderful color, texture, and unique flavorings. We enjoyed the Pouilly Fuisse with our meal. Service was most attentive and the price for a meal of this caliber was very moderate. Should I return to Portsmouth-- I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
Boston
“Great Little Restaurant!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I found this new restaurant yesterday morning. Only seven months old, Michelle's offers a substantial menu at reasonable prices. We enjoyed brunch - offered from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday - and enjoyed both the "Country Breakfast" and Fresh Berry Crepes.
Over sixteen items are available including traditional and creative breakfast fare through lunch-style selections such as lobster roll, Monte Cristo sandwich burgers and salmon. The lobster & brie salad also looked very tasty! Service was friendly if a bit slow. This little spot offers dining on two levels and the upper floor affords a very nice view of Market Square in the heart of downtown Portsmouth.

• Visited August 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
“great food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

great food-average service(busy night)-nice ambiance-reasonable prices. The type of place you could eat at every week. Pretty much all good.

Visited July 2012
Millville, DE
“Gourmet Grub!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Casual stop truned into a big surprise. I rarely rate a restaurant on sandwiches but the Monte Cristo was gourmet. There are no fries on the side, you get a choice of 8 or 9 unique sides. The orzo with pesto was a potential entre in itself. My wife was delighted with her lobster roll. Iced Tea is a premium blend probably Oolong. Dinner menu is varied and exciting. People are excellent incuding Bob the host who is a great guy and interesting to chat with.
Prices are also good for the quality and huge portions. Short on decor but long on excellent food.

• Visited July 2012