“Best lunch surprise”

Ranked #16 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh healthy and local food in Nepali traditional style cooking . Exciting every bite!!
“Best lunch surprise”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Drove into portsmouth and walked by michelles. Great surprise.

Rochester, New York
“Wish Michelle's Would Move to my Hometown!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After a long day of shopping the fun shops in Portsmouth we tapped into trip advisor to find a place for dinner. Michelle’s popped up and off we went. What a treat! My daughter and I shared the cheese platter that was so good and so perfectly presented. It’s all about the details and that night Michelle’s had it down. Served with the cheese were fruits and nuts and the bread was toasted. Perfection! We shared a wonderful meal and then also shared the best dessert that I have had in a long time. White chocolate and strawberry mousse. 5 out of 5 all the way. The only thing that I can’t attest to is consistency because I brought my husband back two nights later and the cheese platter was not so detail oriented. No fruits or nuts and the bread was not toasted. Oh well... The paella was incredible though and I highly recommend that!! Ordered the same dessert but it was a little different too - perhaps the night before had been a special but I felt a little let down that we could not have the same dessert again. Still - this family will come back again and again and again when in Portsmouth! Thank you Michelle’s for two wonderful dinners!

• Visited July 2012
North Stonington, Connecticut
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We never pass up an opportunity to dine at Michelle's when we are in Portsmouth. Hands-down, their lobster roll was one of the best I have ever experienced in my life. The lobster is served with a french baquette on the side. The lobster portion was shockingly large, fresh and delicious! My wife always gets the lobster and brie salad, as she says, "It's to die for". If you are in the Portsmouth/Kittery area, this is a spot you must try. You will definitely not be disappointed. Can't wait to return. Owners and staff are friendly and good natured, facilities are spotless and the service is excellent.

• Visited June 2012
Bronxville, New York
“Lovely in every way.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our meal at Michelle's couldn't have been better. Michelle is a gracious host, as are all the wait staff. We were a party of 12 (6 adults/6 kids). While Michelle's is not a "family" restaurant (no kids menu to speak of), they bent over backwards to accommodate us all. The place is a two-level bistro, with a bar in a side room on the upper level. We enjoyed wine and a couple glasses of Oban there before dinner.

Our group sampled a few appetizers. They were out of oysters, so they included extra lobster claws in our trio appetizer. The scallop ceviche was heavenly. The lobster claws cooked to perfection. We also sampled the saffron mussels and the caprese...both excellent.
For dinner, I had sea bass. It was topped with a layer of Manchego cheese with bits of chorizo to give it a kick. It was placed on top of a bed of white beans, mushrooms, and panchetta. Very hearty meal. The only critique I had was that some of the white beans were al dente, I prefer them cooked through. Otherwise, just a wonderful blend of tastes surrounding a heavenly piece of bass. Bravo to the chef, who happens to be Michelle's son.

Visited July 2012
Seabrook, New Hampshire
“A real gem in market square”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had lunch at Michelle's and it was excellent. We shared the steak tartar for an appetizer, very good. For lunch brie and lobster salad, OUTSTANDING. We did get dessert and to be honest that was not nearly as good as our previous courses. Service was great as was wine list. This was our first time there and after a wonderful lunch we will be back to try it for dinner.

• Visited June 2012