Our goal was simply to spend twenty-four hours away from home where we could pretend we went away to a warm climate to escape the dreary end of the winter blues with the grandchildren. Naturally this included finding a place with an indoor pool that was pretty close to home and had good value in this economic time we find ourselves in. We found all of the above and more here.
Everything was clean and shiny and comfortable from the beds and bathrooms to the pool area and gym to the large breakfast room. The room we were in was a bit narrow, but as I said - very clean and tastefully decorated. They upgraded our room at no extra cost being a member of AAA. The porta-crib they brought in and set up for us looked brand new! No musty odors at the pool, no mold seen anywhere! Pool hours were from 7 AM till 10 PM! We liked that the pool only went to 5 feet deep as our oldest grandson is seven and that was plenty long and deep for our comfort level. The hot tub was a bit hotter than we're used to, but none the less enjoyable. And there was plenty of room and table/chairs set up for our group of 4 and many others had we needed to share the space - we had it blissfully, almost exclusively to ourselves for all the hours and time periods we were there.
The staff was very friendly and more than helpful and attentive and there were soooo many choices for breakfast foods at the complimentry continental breakfast. Aside from the usual bagels, muffins, fruit, and cereals, there were hardboiled eggs, yogurt, toast, toasting pastries, and small danishes. No one was ready for lunch for many hours. Also, checkout was not until noon and that gave us a leisurely morning with 2 more hours of pool time etc.
Great place and people. We already are planning another overnighter just for fun and pool time during April school vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites has clean comfortable rooms featuring a 37" flat screen television, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and free wi-fi. Our PLUS rooms have either two double beds or one king bed. Our Superior rooms have either two double beds or one king bed. In addition to our PLUS and Superior rooms we have suites with a separate living room and full kitchens. Every guest can also spend time in 1 of our 2 pools, a heated indoor pool and a seasonal outdoor pool or the newly renovated fitness room. The Roundabout Diner and 3,200 sf of meeting space complete our facility but the friendly team of associates make our hotel the perfect home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Wynwood Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Wynwood Hotel Portsmouth
- Best Western Wynwood Hotel
- Best Western Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Best Western