“More Moe's Please!”

Moe's Italian Sandwiches
Ranked #85 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Moe's is consistently fantastic. The menu has been expanding but the best is still the Madmoe Megameat with spicy oil and mayo. It's a must. They have fresh kosher pickles that go perfectly on the side. All the ingredients are always fresh and I am never disappointed. The shop is very small with no seating so walk down to Prescott Park and enjoy! Just know - they aren't usually open past 4. Wish they were open all night!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been eating Moes since Phil opened his hole in the wall spot (1 block east of current location) in the 60's. My favorite xmas & b'day presents are Moes gift certificates.

Lettuce on a real Italian?? You must be kidding.

Fresh ingredients combine to make Moes a unique flavorful treat. I know of people who have moved away from the area who have had Moes shipped to them they missed them so much. And on return visits the first place they head to is Moes. That kind of loyalty isn't placed in bad food. I'm lucky to have moved only as far as MA, so I get up to Portsmouth pretty often to feed my addiction.

My only "complaint" is that over the years the bread has become less crusty. It's fresh and delicious but I'd like to see it have a little more snap to the crust. It's hard to improve on perfection so that would be my only suggestion. Oh, one more thing-- get Pepsi back in the cooler. Nothing goes with Moes like Pepsi! 8^)

3  Thank mcthumber
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Moe's has been around for decades and still has the best "grinders" in the world. Right off Market Square in Portsmouth you can grab a grinder/chips/and drink and head to Prescott Park for a picnic (very short walk) right on the water. Enjoy one for me...I crave them all the time in San Diego and there is nothing like them.

2  Thank pjofnh
Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you have ever had a real Italian sandwich: cappicola, genoa, mortadella- Moe's will break your heart. It's mediocre at very best. Service was disinterested about refocusing from conversations about who is facebooking about whatever and seemed to haphazardly toss together a crap sandwich of unfresh and unauthentic Italian coldcuts, that I choked down from a nearby parkbench (since the location has no seating)- I suddenly became overwhelmed with sadness.

2  Thank SometimesIryhmeQuick
Reviewed July 1, 2012

subs are good but no lettuce? oh well, they do give nice, fresh turkey breast and the tuna isnt too mayonaissey...prices are low and if you can handle the lack of veggies, its pretty tasty!

1  Thank j p