“Great food!”

Paddy's American Grille
Ranked #102 of 207 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Irish
Description: Paddy's American Grille is casual comfort food located on Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Aside from our great food and cocktails, we have six regulation Billiard Tables and two Shuffle Board Tables. Enjoy a meal on our spacious patio in the warmer weather. We rent out space in our Billiard room for function ranging from 25 to 100 guests. Book your next holiday or birthday party here. There's plenty of free parking. Come to Paddy's and Get Restored.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Absolutely adore this restaurant for a multitude of reasons, but the main reason is because of the food. While it is a little bit expensive the food is always fresh and there is such a diverse selection and variety for people. Aside from the food, the setting is very nice, clean, and intimate. The service is outstanding and the waiters/waitresses are very professional and nice. Highly recommended place if you're in the Newington/Portsmouth area!

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to sat in the dining room anyway and it was a good thing because the bar was very crowded and full of cheer! The food was very good. Lobster sliders were wonderful. The menu had good variety, not overwhelming. The chicken was delicious and the sweet potato fries crispy with a nice blue cheese dipping sauce. Lots of great Beers on draft. Service was quick.

1  Thank plastx2
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I like this place.

I am sorry to see bad reviews of this place, I have had nothing but a positive experience. Here are some things to keep in mind. The pictures on Yelp make this place look like a dark pool hall. The energy and vibe of this place can change by the hour. This establishment is operated by Ocean Properties who also operates the Marriott owned Wentworth by the Sea. Also, look at its location. What does all this mean? Well, here goes: Most of the time when I go here, it is when the majority of the employees of the surrounding companies (300+) are done for the day. I find Paddy's to have an almost Cheers like atmosphere with the people that work in this small community (including The157th Air Refueling Wing, ANG) now drinking and eating at Paddy's. I have never had bad service here. Period. When I had a mistake in my order, it was fixed immediately . The food here is very good standard pub fare. I never had the feeling that they were trying to be something they are not.

As for the interior lighting, I find it cozy in the Winter, but a little too dark in the Summer, BUT.....Hey! They have a very nice outside bar and patio with live music! The pool tables are mostly used for a friendly game and/or a league once in a while. Again, I realized that Paddy's is a vibrant community (not clique) of local professionals enjoying a little rest and relaxation. So, get to know the friendly Bartenders, grab a seat, order a drink and experience this great little town within a town! Oh...the Sheppard's Pie & Blueberry Pie are very good.

2  Thank RealTrueStories
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is in the Pease Trade Center (formerly Pease Air Force Base), just off I-95 and only a couple of miles from downtown Portsmouth, NH.. We had driven by this several times and stopped last week. We were initially leery of the pool tables and large bar, but it is fairly quiet and there is a very nice dining room or outside patio seating. Our meals (ribs for me and baked haddock for my husband) were good and service was quick and efficient. I would have preferred less barbeque sauce on the ribs, but they were tender and cooked well. Maybe next time I'd ask for the sauce on the side. We'd stop here again and try other items from their large and varied menu. They also have a nice wine list and we quickly found a wine we both liked.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

All 5 adults found our meals tasty. Would go back again if in the area.