“I trust bamboo more than anywhere else in town.”
Review of Pink Bamboo

Pink Bamboo
Ranked #109 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near Bow St. Ma Po To Fu, 8.95, could feed 2. Silky tofu in savory - not too salty, sauce that's medium spicey with pork grounds, then topped with a sprinkle of sliced, fresh, green onions. Menu includes: Hot Pot starting @ 13.95, Hot & Sour Soup 2.95, and 21 lunch specials until 3pm starting @ 5.95. Regular menu dishes for chicken, seafood, and beef start @ 9.95, 11.95, & 10.95, respectively. Clean. Dark tables. Zen-ish. Gracious service. Ask them re: Ladies' Night. Will return for lunch or appetizers and cocktails.
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Asian food in town hands down. Not only is there food great but they work very clean too. Having food allergies eating Chinese is always a bit risky. Usually if I can find something that won't make me Ill it has lost all flavor. However I have never had that problem here. All the staff know exactly what is in everything that they make. If you do have an allergy your not going to be stuck choosing from only two things on the menu. Aside from that the food its self is actually good and the staff are very professional. They put a lot of work and pride in to what they do. While the take out food may not always be as good as when you eat in its still hard to complain.

1  Thank Eepsy

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Although there are several fine Chinese restaurants in the Portsmouth area, this little spot on Penhallow Street truly stands out. It was lunchtime when I visited and many places can be noisy and rushed at this time. Not so here. Service was prompt and my selection was fresh and tasty. There are about two dozen lunch specials offered and each comes with an appetizer. I opted for the Crab Rangoon. Prepared minutes before delivery, It was perhaps the warmest, freshest and tastiest I have ever had and truly filled (and isn't that what filling is supposed to mean?) This little spot overlooks the top of Ceres Street and the tugboats, offering a pretty good view along with reasonably-priced fare.

2  Thank NewEnglandLover
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the best Chinese food around. It is fresh, they don't us MSG they offer delivery in town....

2  Thank Patricia231
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food, great service with Wonton soup to die for. Try the thin noodles, yum. First Chinese restaurant I've tried in the area and I'd go back.

1  Thank CapeCodBerry
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Growing up as a Yorker, I had been a Greenleaves loyal customer but haven't been satisfied for a while now. We are always out and about in Portsmouth, and love trying new places to eat. Finally poped into Pink Bamboo today and I am SO happy I did. Great food, not the artificial chinese taste. Hot, tasty and good. My boyfriend has a bad MSG allergy and after green leaves continuously making him sick, he was scared to eat chinese again. He was "wowed" by the first bite. He got a house special app while I got a soup, great tea, rice and a veggie meal. THe broc in garlic sauce has a punch and is full of flavor. I could go back tonight!
Will def. be back!