“In Heaven”

Pink Bamboo
Ranked #83 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near Bow St. Ma Po To Fu, 8.95, could feed 2. Silky tofu in savory - not too salty, sauce that's medium spicey with pork grounds, then topped with a sprinkle of sliced, fresh, green onions. Menu includes: Hot Pot starting @ 13.95, Hot & Sour Soup 2.95, and 21 lunch specials until 3pm starting @ 5.95. Regular menu dishes for chicken, seafood, and beef start @ 9.95, 11.95, & 10.95, respectively. Clean. Dark tables. Zen-ish. Gracious service. Ask them re: Ladies' Night. Will return for lunch or appetizers and cocktails.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In Heaven”
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I came here only because my girlfriend wanted to try it, in my mind I was like I dont want to go but hey you do what you have to do to please your wife to be. Anyway OMG the Hot Pot was the best ever. I love this place, I dont care for the roads in this city but I will come back!!!!!!!

“Could be seacoast best Chinese”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We just discovered Pink Bamboo. A pleasant surprise in Portsmouth. Food quality and presentation great. Service has been excellent in two visits there in early May. Clean, bright and an easy walk from anywhere in downtown. Nice table arrangement for plenty of seating or for fun have a drink and main dish right at the bar with seats for almost a dozen there too.
Chicken lettuce wrap, eggs rolls, sesame chicken, veggie lomein, pan fried ravioli all were great. Looking over our shoulders there seemed to be a lot of happy diners and yummy meal ideas for next trip back.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Awesome service, yummy food”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Never had a bad experience at Pink Bamboo. The owner treats everyone like royalty and always has a huge smile on his face... you can't help but smile too when you're there (especially after a scorpion bowl or two - shared of course). The food is on the lighter side as far as Chinese cuisine goes and always tastes nice and fresh. It isn't cheap, which probably goes with its central location in town, but for a once in a while trip it's always a fun time.

Visited April 2012
Portsmouth, NH
“Best Chinese Food in the Area”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Looking at the menu, it looks like any other chinese restaurant. I was disappointed at first because I thought it would have more modern or adventuresome fare (it's a new restaurant ). However, it's been years since I've had those classic dishes made well. Usually, chinese food is very oily and I dislike the leftovers the next day because they have congealed somewhat. Well, first of all, you probably won't have leftovers here. Pink Bamboo doesn't give you abundance to make up for lack of taste like some places. It's just enough food though and very well cooked. I will definitely go back.

Visited December 2011
Anacortes, Washington
“Great find with great food and great service!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We ended up here after not wanting to wait for another restaurant, and it was a great experience. They have an extensive menu, so it was hard to choose. The staff were very helpful in assisting us with our final selections. I doubt that anything would be a bad choice. We had rice, noodles, vegetable dishes, and meat dishes. Every dish was excellent!
Highly recommend!