“Great food and Exceptional Service”

la bella Italian Restaurant and pizzeria
Ranked #105 of 201 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Great food and Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hostess that greeted us was so friendly, fun and amused by our group of 6 that came in for our marathon carbo loading meal. Our group and the staff were laughing together the whole time. They made us feel like we were long lost friends, made us feel that we were there for a special occasion and even picked out the perfect table for us. The food was excellent (homemade pasta) with generous portions and they also offer gluten free. Another nice feature is you are able to BYOB and they were very helpful when we called to let them no we would be a few minutes late for our reservation as we were not familiar with the area and were searching for a liquor store. They told us not to worry and that there is a great store (Mckinnon's) right next store that we would be able to pick up any wine we would require for our group. Excellent choice...we will highly recommend and go back again when we are in the area!!

Visited May 2014

NH
“Eh, so so Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Not horrible, not great. Too pricey for the quality. Lacked seasoning and flavor on most dishes. Service is friendly and attentive for dine in or take out and it's BYOB.

1 Thank SweetDee11
Berwick, Maine
“La Bella-A Real find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I first went to La Bella's Two weeks ago. It is a little out of the way for us, we live over the border in Maine. But we are always looking for good Italian restaurants. We both come from the Boston area where these are more easily found. We were very impressed by both the wonderful food and very friendly congenial atmosphere. We came back again two weeks later. Our dinners rival anything from the North End. Last night I had a dish called Uncle Vinny's Veal Masala and I can tell you I have never had a better Veal Masala. My wife had the Shrimp Scampi which was outrageous. Even the first soup course of Escarole and Bean was the best we ever had. The place is located in a modest Shopping Center, but the food exceeds expectations. It's BYOB which can save on the cost of wine with dinner.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. Any person who appreciates good food would appreciate this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank 186Mac1971
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My fiancé and I recently were looking for a different italian restaurant to try. We decided to go to La bella restaurant and loved the food. We tried their homemade tiramisu and it was the best that we have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Port Orange, Florida
“Nice Meal and Good Service at LaBella”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went out to dinner at LaBella's Friday night before seeing "American Hustle" at our new movie theatre in Portsmouth.

The server assured us we could have dinner in an hour. Each entrée comes with soup or salad and bread. I ordered chicken franchese and hubby had chicken cacciatore. Both were very good and the portions are generous so we had leftovers for the next day.

We sat in the section on the left where the booths are and there was not much atmosphere going on. I would suggest candles on the tables and maybe some more art work on the walls in this section. The right side of the restaurant looked more inviting as there were nice Italian ceramic pieces on the walls and regular tables with tablecloths.

We will go back when we are in the mood for a nice Italian meal. And, they offer gluten free pasta!

• Visited February 2014