“Great Sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf

Surf
Ranked #2 of 199 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Let me begin by saying "I don't like Sushi" lol! However after being dragged here I must admit it was awesome. I ordered the Sushi specials at the advice of my server and they were all tasty and delicious. Not at all the slimy memories I have of Sushi elsewhere. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the awesome view!

Visited June 2014

Boone, North Carolina
“What a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Ate dinner here shortly after a thunderstorm rolled through and had the patio completely to ourselves. Such a beautiful place to watch the sunset with my husband! Still a little damp out there, but definitely worth it. Seafood was amazing. My husband had the fleuben and he is still talking about it. Service was above average.

Visited July 2014
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The perfect table, view of the river at sunset, nothing better, custom martini just for me, Piscataqua for my wife. Try the tuna on the rock appetizer, lobster and shrimp corndogs, off the charts good. Great waitress and bartender.

Connecticut
“Great Food, Greate View, Great People, Great Vibe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose Surf because of Trip Advisor reviews. We waited at the bar for a short time for our table. Excellent attentive bar maid. Looking around we were impressed with the well oiled machine. These people are professionals that do a great job and make it look effortless. We also took in the atmosphere. Bright and modern.
We decided to order some oysters on the half shell because we were impressed with the raw bar as we entered. Like everything else, this raw bar is crazy professional. We had a choice of 6 or 7 different types of oysters. Our waitress, Annette, guided us through the selection. (More about Annette later.) The oysters were the best, the freshest I have ever had.
I ordered the special which was a cod loin over white navy beans and a great sauce. I was happy they provided a soup spoon so I would not waste any sauce.Absolutely fresh and wonderful. Perfectly cooked and wonderfully flacky.
My wife had the Olive Oil Grilled Tuna. Delicious.
Ah yes, about Annette. I do not think I have ever met a more helpful, friendly, incredible waitress. No kidding. She is the best. Thank You.

• Visited August 2014
Mendon, Massachusetts
“Outstanding food and presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner at Surf. the restaurant was recommended by staff at the Sheraton Portsmouth, and it was even better than they said. Annette was our server and she was great! What fun it was to sear our own ahi on a granite stone! The shrimp served in bamboo and Portuguese Stew in a pot were as yummy as their presentation! The decor and ambiance wonderful! We shall return!

• Visited July 2014