“Always very good”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We've eaten here 4 or 5 times over the last few years and have always experienced attentive service and the best mexican food, by far, in the MA/NH Seacoast area.

Nice touch serving grapefruit soda from Mexico. Good options for gluten-free folks also, and when you ask about GF they have a good idea what you are saying...always a nice thing to find.

Only suggestion would be to offer GF chips to go with the great salsa, even if they need to be store-bought.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good food for a chain restaurant. Wait for food was long. Fish taco was delicious, but not spicy.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've been to several Margaritas in various states as every so often I'm attending with vegetarians who need alternate menu options. I've been to several mexican restaurants in Texas and California so I know how the food is supposed to taste, however the food served up at Margaritas is an insult to mexican cusine. The food comes across as tasteless and bland - I recall ordered a burrito which I could only describe as tasting like soapy water. In my opinion the food here warrants passing by, there are other places nearby like Las Olas which is far superior when it comes to providing tasty mexican food. To top it off the staff seem uninterested in their customers, one glance around the room you could see diner's heads popping in and out of their booths as they wonder where their food or waiter is. The one bright note on a terrible dining experience was the baby chimi's which were suprisingly very good.
Trying to look at Margaritas in a positive light, whenever I have gone in people at the bar are usually enjoying themselves so I suspect they maybe doing something right in the bar area.

1  Thank TristianX
Reviewed December 26, 2011

To the last review, thank you for not coming back. We have been patrons at Margaritas for over 20 years. We have always enjoyed the food but the most amazing aspect of this restaurant is the people who work there. ESPECIALLY CLIFF. He always welcomes us with a smile, is attenive to our needs and he has a great sense of humor. We still see the faces of friends who served us way back when. We love the new menu and decor and hope we will be around for another 20 years to see what else they come up with.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have visited this resturant a few times and always get a great meal and great service. I enjoy the sampler plate which gives you a great selection - taco, enchilada & burriot, refried beans and rice. The portions are generous and the food is delicious. We have had great service every time we go.

One of our favourite spots! Food is tasty with just the right amount of heat.