“Just as good as advertised”

The Roundabout Diner & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 201 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At the Roundabout Diner and Lounge, we serve breakfast all day, great burgers and sandwiches, Phantom Gourmet award-winning BBQ, comfort food classics like meatloaf, roast turkey, and of course, local New England favorites like fish and chips, and the best lobster roll around. We also use locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, like bread baked just for us by When Pigs Fly Bakery, breakfast sausage made for us in Vermont, local cheeses, and more. And we make all our delicious cakes and pies right here at the Roundabout. From scratch! If you would like us to cater one of your events then look no further than Chill Catering, one of the largest catering companies on the seacoast.
Groton, Massachusetts
“Just as good as advertised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Went for breakfast at lunchtime. It was a Tuesday, so not crowded at all. We were seated right away. I had the breakfast sandwich, which was an over-sized croissant with a fried egg, cheese, and a thick slice of bacon. Home fries were pretty good-oven roasted, not fried. My brother had the Hash Benedict. Very happy with it. Said the hash was "real"', meaning not out of a can. Hollandaise was plentiful. Waitress was very pleasant. Even brought me a cleaning pen when I spilled something on my shirt! Would definitely come back again.

• Visited September 2014
1 Thank sfreddi2

South Berwick, Maine
“A Special Place For Me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

This restaurant is an overall great place! The food is varied, the waitstaff very pleasant, and the prices are reasonable!
I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

My husband and I recently had breakfast at this great diner. Portions are big, fresh and very tasty. Service was excellent and people working at this diner were very friendly. This was our first time but I am sure it's not the last!

• Visited August 2014
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Love it here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We come here once a year and this place does not disappoint. I had a fried chicken sandwich with onion rings. The chicken was on a toasted sourdough roll. It was sooooo good. Had some nice toppings. Also, the sandwich comes with one fried pickle. Nice touch.
My wife has the special turkey wrap with cranberry mayo, spinach and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Next year, we will be back!

1 Thank Bob J
“An awesome diner with a healthy twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for breakfast and was very impressed with the menu. Not only did they have traditional diner food, they had healthy options as well! My favorite part was their healthy drink option which changes daily. The day I went the featured drink had: carrot, apple, and orange. It was delicious!!! The only downfall of this was the price. It was almost $10 for two of them! Aside from this, all of the other prices were very reasonable. Also, our server was very sweet and attentive. I would definitely go here again.

1 Thank KaitMaeW