“Was good once upon a time...”

The Roundabout Diner & Lounge
Ranked #12 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: At the Roundabout Diner and Lounge, we serve breakfast all day, great burgers and sandwiches, Phantom Gourmet award-winning BBQ, comfort food classics like meatloaf, roast turkey, and of course, local New England favorites like fish and chips, and the best lobster roll around. We also use locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, like bread baked just for us by When Pigs Fly Bakery, breakfast sausage made for us in Vermont, local cheeses, and more. And we make all our delicious cakes and pies right here at the Roundabout. From scratch! If you would like us to cater one of your events then look no further than Chill Catering, one of the largest catering companies on the seacoast.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We used to frequent the roundabout for the unique choices and excellent dessert. The few times I went the service and food has gone way down. We went on St. Patricks and was told by our waitress there wasn't corned beef or boiled dinner. What?! Facebook and email had advertised both. We stayed regardless and our waitress was extremely absent, no drink refills.

Food was ok but we were very disappointed. The worst part is I get home to see on Facebook again, "corned beef today!"

Either way we won't be returning or using the inconsistent Chill Catering services.

Chris S, Manager at The Roundabout Diner & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your experience here at Roundabout Diner. It is very important to us that we continue to prove great food and great service. If you would be willing to call and discuss the wait service during your visit, it would be much appreciated. This way, I could learn who your server was and correct the problem directly. Regarding the boiled dinner, we did have it available on our buffet as we advertised on our Facebook page and via email. I went back and checked our postings on that day just to make sure. If you'd like, please call or email. I will send you a gift card for two boiled dinners and make sure we have it on our specials menu on a day of your choice.

Chris Soucy
Manager
(603) 431-1440

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The diner is attached to the Best Western Hotel and is a great find. The meals are awesome, the place was visited by the phantom gourmet. I got the pulled pork platter which included included baked beans and coleslaw and a huge piece of grilled corn bread. The portions were huge and hot!! The waitress was friendly and enjoyed working there. Price was typical of a 50's type diner, reasonable, plus if you stay at the Best Western you can get unlimited 10% off coupons for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True gem of a place!!

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Food is dinner food. Ok for quick bite but the prices are high for a dinner. Right off the ramp in portsmouth. Service is slow and coffee cold. I ordered hot dog side of Mac and cheese hot dog came out with onions and I am allergic . She corrected it however my fries were cold. I will stop next exit next time.

Chris S, Manager at The Roundabout Diner & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I would like to apologize for the experience you had here at Roundabout Diner. I spoke to the manager on duty during your visit and she confirmed our error in putting onions on your hot dog. We would love the opportunity to show you how quality our food and service usually is. There is no excused for cold food and coffee. If you would be willing to call and speak personally, I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you.

Chris Soucy
Manager
603.431.1440

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Driven by a million times and didn't know it was there! Had lunch this afternoon and the kids loved it. We started with Floats: Root Beer, Orange and Grape the Kids meals were a great value. The Fish sticks were nice and crispy and the Mac and Cheese was given 5 starts from my picky child! The french fries and onion rings were average. I got the Pulled pork, didn't care for the BBQ sauce and there was a lot of it. The deep fried pickles were my favorite! Next time we will get the appetizer.

Menu is huge...almost too many options and they serve breakfast all day. We will definitely go back. They are located right off the highway making it a perfect quick-stop if traveling either direction on Route 95.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sunday breakfast, people said buffet was good. They do have Nice Gluten free Bread. I had eggs over easy that were a little burnt, Potato's were cold, coffee was so so. Hard to park at, rainy day had a long walk. Staff was very good and did there best to accommodate you.