“Great Margaritas and ceviche”

Agave Mexican Bistro Dos
Ranked #61 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, Canada
“Great Margaritas and ceviche”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

They have a great selection of tequila and make a very nice Margarita. When we were there, they had a super fresh halibut ceviche that was super. The food was good, the service pretty good (better at the bar than at the tables). On the whole, quite a bit better than you roadside Mexican restaurants that proliferate up and down I-95.

Visited June 2012

Hartford, Connecticut
“Pricey but Yummy”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Don't expect this to be a regular Mexican place, its much nicer. It is more expensive then regular Mexican but its worth it.The food is really good and they give you appropriate portions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They checked on us often and made sure we had enough chips, salsa, drinks etc. I dont live near by but I usually will go if I am near one.

new hampshire
“Good Mexican food Ina fun city”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Enjoyed my first meal at Agave after family and friends had been before. service was good, never seemed to wait for anything. Chips and salsa spicy good. Entres were large and tasty. I didn't want a tortia , order a chicken and pepper meal. Very good !!! Oh yeah almost forgot the variety of tequila and the list of margaritas was impressive. We will go back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Large, delicious portions and great service.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We didn't know what to expect, but were happily surprised. The music threw me off, would be nice if they played authentic Mexican music. But the food was great! I definitely recommend the black bean soup!

massachusetts
“Great dinner out at Agave”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had dinner here on a Friday night in July. Parking is an issue as we finally found street parking about a half a mile away. Great atmosphere with exposed brick. Nice menu, good service and interesting food. I would recommend.

• Visited July 2012