“Wonderful Dinner”
Review of Mombo

Mombo
Ranked #44 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Court Street
Description: Opened in the Spring of 2010, Mombo’s dining experience is a short vacation from it all offering creative cuisine with international influences, warm hospitality and unparalleled service in a historic Portsmouth, NH landmark. Walk under the wood-beamed ceiling and wrought-iron chandeliers to feel the relaxed elegance of the space. Sit in the fireplace lounge, at the open kitchen bar, in one of the comfy banquettes or even next to the bubbling fountain in the rear courtyard to enjoy the delightful made-from-scratch dishes using fresh, local and honest ingredients. Whether it is the chef’s charcuterie platter, the seared fois gras or our signature lobster bisque that you start your meal with, we want to make you feel as if you have escaped from everyday stresses and leave wanting to come on vacation again at Mombo.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Mombo was charming upon arrival as we were greeted warmly by the hostess. Our party of six had a great time at dinner that evening. The food and the service were superb. The ambiance was elegant in a casual sort of way. It was perfect for summer dining. We sat in a tented terrace area at the back of the restaurant which suited us perfectly that evening. It was a very relaxing evening at Mombo. I got a chance to catch up with old friends and have a wonderful meal. We really had an enjoyable evening. Upon reflection, our dinner at Mombo was my personal highlight of our trip to Portsmouth.

There are newer reviews for Mombo

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Dinner at Mombo last night with four guests was spectacular! From the comfortable greeting by the general manager who I met in the parking lot and told me about the background of the place to the dessert champagne suggested by our waiter, the night could not have been better! Best restaurant I've been to in years.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a elegant, yet not too expensive night out without children. We found it at Mombo. The food was delicious, I reccomend the house salad and we had one of the spcials. We sat at the bar and felt like we were in the city. The bartender was fabulous. She was right there when we needed her and left us alone when we didn't. It was a nice adults night out that was worth every penny. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

When visiting Strawberry Banke, plan to have dinner at Mombo's. Tasteful ambience, excellent service, and a great location across from the park and behind Strawberry Banke are high marks in my book. The entrees were prepared expertly as ordered. The side dishes used imaginative ingredients, but were not enjoyable. Prices are moderate to high. There is a nice outside spot for drinks and a pleasing bar and lounge.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Mombo never ceases to amaze me, as they are always evolving, and the best just keeps getting better.

I love their new outdoor lounge!!!!!!!! I usually avoid dining outdoors, as mosquitos make a feast out of me, but I could not resist the comfortable ambiance. I enjoyed a glass of wine and appetizers with a friend and felt like I was on vacation in pre-recession Europe, feeling care-free and into the moment. They have the finest wine list on the Seacoast!!

My question is How do they get rid of the mosquitos? There were none! Maybe they went to Prescott Park.
Check out MOMBO for the most wonderful all around dining experience, and I promise you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Jamilla E