Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
  • Pool
$169
AscendHotels
$189
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
$109
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$203
$182
$159
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskone bedroom suitewithin walking distancevalet parkingwafflesportsmouth downtownfull kitchenliving areathe sofa bedwalk in showersmall kitchenfree breakfastnice sizeshops and restaurantshotel is in a great locationthe breakfast arearooms are large
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel and had a great experience. Marija did an excellent job welcoming all guests to the breakfast area and was extremely personable. She shared with me the fact that she was from Macedonia and a little about her homeland. I appreciated the conversation and was happy to learn more about her country. Francesca was very helpful with a small printing request that I needed last minute. I've stayed several times and have never been let down. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dave,

Thank you for your repeat patronage of our hotel and for reviewing your recent stay. We're happy to hear that you've consistently enjoyed your visits to our property and that you've always found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Marija and Francesca. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Chris Moulton, GM

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I had looked forward to having a lovely stay in Portsmouth; we flew in from Switzerland and South Sudan if that gives any indication of how far we'd come. We found that while our corner room on the 5th floor had great potential, lots of space, and was comfy enough, being woken up at 6:15 in the morning by the construction of the new Hampton Inn wasn't our idea of pleasant. Staff were friendly enough, although I had to laugh when I complained and the receptionist offered me "free parking" -- I had to tell her we didn't have a car! The manager ended up giving us a room on our 4th night for half price, but the booking we made on Hotels.com made it impossible for us to get any sort of discount on our hotel. Nice enough breakfast, free papers etc. in the morning and cookies and snacks during Happy Hour.

Room Tip: We would recommend always asking for a room on the other side of the building (away from the construction). Corner room 525 was nice, but noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldtravelertrainer
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize that your relaxation was interrupted by ambient noise. I hope that we were able to make it up to you in some small way and assure you that your comfort is our number one priority. Please accept my apology and I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing you with an excellent stay the next time you're in Portsmouth.

Chris Moulton, GM

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had a situation whereas I had to cancel due to extenuating circumstances a prepaid room and was charged the full amount on my credit card. Because I am a long time Marriott Rewards member I called and asked the folks at the hotel to work with me. Despite them not having to credit my account they did and I am appreciative. This speaks volumes about the people running this hotel. They are very fair. Based on the rave reviews I will be staying here the next time I am in Portsmouth. By the way, Amanda was the manager that I spoke with.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our hotel for the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your cancellation and we hope to host you in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very nice hotel in a good spot in Portsmouth. Staff is top notch - very helpful and really wanted to be sure that I knew where to find all of the good spots in town, particularly restaurants (you'll want to make sure to get out to some of the incredible restaurants in town). Room was very nice and the staff even helped me check in early.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlieandCrew
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you found or staff to be top notch and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting your next visit to Portsmouth.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving. The location is very convenient. You can walk to many great restaurants, bars and shops in the downtown area. Breakfast in included with your stay. There are lots of great choices, including hot options, like eggs, bacon and even waffles (which make on your own). There is a nice bar in the lobby area with lots of areas to spread out. If I am ever in the area again, I will be sure to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RAKfromMD
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your visit and that our location and amenities accommodated all of your needs. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Portsmouth.