Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Group of us went to NH for Portsmouth First Night.. The hotel was very nice, clean and staff was really nice, helpful and upbeat. Rooms were more than I expected, had refrig, and stove, and coffee pot, toaster... We enjoyed drinks in the lobby, and the free breakfast included!!

Room Tip: we were in a room near exit on the third floor. not near elevator.. Only noise was a child upstairs...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Upon arriving at our hotel of choice (the Residence Inn Portsmouth Downton/Waterfront), we were greeted with smiles and amazing attention. Heather and Carly, who both greeted us at the front desk, were superb with welcoming us and attending to our families needs. The way that they handled all check ins with families with multiple children was effortless. They were the definition of customer service. Brian another hotel staff member was so accomodating and went out of his way to help with our pack and play and luggage. They all were so attentive and helpful that my wife didn't need to lift a finger. It provided our family with such a relaxing experience that it made us wish all other hotels and hotel staff were to follow their lead. They must have amazing leadership at the Residence Inn in Downtown Portsmouth. I can only wish I could hire and retain amazing employees like this. My wife and I will be visiting for many years to come due to the amazing experience. We can't thank you guys enough!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and consider our staff to have exhibited "the definition of customer service." I will pass your compliments along to them. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Best,
Christopher Moulton, GM

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We like Portsmouth a lot and have stayed at other nearby hotels; so far this one is by far our favorite. Friendly service, a large clean room, and a very good breakfast included. The price was also excellent. The only issue we encountered was a noisy heating unit but that was fixed almost immediately. We reserved a suite, and I'd recommend it for families.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I found the staff at the Residence Inn to be extremely helpful and friendly, it started with the valet, I did not catch her name, but it was great to meet a smiling face who was eager to help the moment we pulled in. The customer service continued at check-in with Heather at the front desk who was helpful and offered great suggestions of places to eat. The next morning it continued with a friendly maid and breakfast area staff. On the snowy mornings the car was completely cleaned and ready to go when we called. Great service.
The rooms were clean and comfortable as one would expect at a Marriott property, a very enjoyable place to stay in Portsmouth.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Awesome trip! Arrived thanksgiving morning and a wonderful weekend tromping around New Hampshire and Maine seeing the sites. Room was very clean and high class but never really warmed up even with heat on high. The breakfast was varied and the staff warm and extremely friendly. The women who worked busing the breakfast area went above and beyond her duties helping families with children and always being warm and pleasant. Overall a very nice experience and would definitely would return.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well-located and has great staff. The breakfast staff were especially forthcoming.

They messed up my booking and offered a free upgrade quickly.

We were there over the thanksgiving weekend and it was obvious that they were not prepared for such a large breakfast crowd. Queue was long, utensils were not replenished quickly so on two mornings I ate with one metal knife and one plastic fork. They serve smuckers syrup and not real NH maple syrup which is disappointing.

Overall it's still pricey cos the hotel is not as new and well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at the hotel is awesome. When we first checked in Heather was very friendly and got us the exact room that we needed. She went above and beyond. Then the kitchen staff is amazing. Marija was very helpful, friendly and cheery even at 5:30am. She opened the breakfast area 30 minutes early for my two young kids! The food was really good too. I can't believe that that a full breakfast buffet is included! Most hotels charge $15-20 per person for the same guality food. Blago did a great job preparing the food. When I had to extend my stay Andrew was very helpful and worked with me. The room was spacious and clean! I will defintely stay here again. Great experience from beginning to end!

Room Tip: I really liked staying on the top floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We strive to make each guest feel comfortable and at home in our hotel. Thank you for recommending us and we hope you visit us again soon!

Best,