Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskone bedroom suitewithin walking distancevalet parkingwafflesportsmouth downtownfull kitchenliving areathe sofa bedsmall kitchenfree breakfastnice sizeparking lothotel is in a great locationthe breakfast arearooms are largestreet parking
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We usually stay at the Hilton residence inn but after a horrible stay at a Hampton inn I decided to try Marriott. This hotel was wonderful. Beautifully decorated, modern clean spacious suites (we stayed in a one bedroom) and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. It was a Christmas stay and I can't think of a better place to spend the holidays. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed one night at the Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront and wish I stayed longer! I was aware that this was a new property but didn’t imagine it would be so stylish and comfortable. The room was large and immaculate. The studio space was attractive and didn’t feel like a dorm room, which has been the case at other Residence Inns. The bed was very comfortable. Service was lovely at the bar and main desk. Parking is easy and the location is amazing. I love Portsmouth and this hotel couldn’t be situated in a better spot; No need to drive anywhere. If you’re reserving it may appear that the price per night is a little steep for a Residence Inn but when you see the rooms you’ll understand why. I’ll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The receptionists at this hotel are extraordinarily pleasant. They really go out of their way to present a pleasant and cheerful experience, which is immediately noticeable. The last time I felt such a warm welcome was at a Disney Resort in Orlando. The rooms seem new-ish and are very clean and quite large. The free breakfast is somewhat ordinary but it is nicely set out, clean, and very adequate. Parking across the street is in an open lot, which does not seem to be monitored closely, but from what I have been told it is very safe. I parked an SUV with my son's school belongings in the lot and felt that it was safe. All in all, this is a very nicely run hotel with are really pleasant staff that go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Stayed in several of the rooms over the past months and they have all been great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank familyvacationdad
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I are fans of the Residence Inn Brand and have stayed in several of them across the country. That being said we also realize that within this brand there can be a huge range of quality differences. A perfect example of this is seen in the 2 Residence Inns that are located In Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This location Downtown on the waterfront is outstanding in every way. The rooms are beautiful with new design and every comfort. Several nights a week you receive free food in the lobby at dinner time. The night we were there last week it was taco night. They had a good variety of toppings for the tacos as well as soft shells and hard shells for the meat filling. Breakfast was amazing and had plenty of choices for those who are health conscious such as egg whites, turkey bacon, hard boiled eggs, whole wheat breads, fresh fruit, oatmeal etc. The hotel is clean and very well run by a staff that seems to anticipate your every need. The woman who checked us in went out of her way to print menu pages from local take out places along with recommendations for restaurants within walking distance. We stayed at the other Residence Inn which is only 1 mile away and found it in need of an update. The Waterfront location is totally worth a bit more per night for double the service, comfort and location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I love this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Excellent rooms ,spacious,comfortable,you have everything that you need to feel like home!!!!!Amazing people in the front desk!!!!!I don't want to leave!!!!!The only thing I would like to suggest is just a bigger gym but thats all!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business